Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAIV70Judge
    replied
    Bunker Hill, Indiana. 1/8 mile, great location. Oldest strip in the state. 1956.....

Leave a comment:

• Dino98T/A
    replied
    Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
    Love that place.Quick program that pays well.See all kinds of cars. LOL.Self watering burnout box FTW!
    Lol...They do pay well, from what I hear. I'm always knocked out by the second or third round anyway.

Leave a comment:

• ksj2
    replied
    Originally posted by Dino98T/A View Post
    http://www.midwestraceway.com/INDEX.HTML

Midwest raceway in Manhattan KS. Awesome little 1/8 mile track...Very laid back. You can BBQ in the pits and/or bring a cooler for some adult beverages. I am also about 50 minutes away from Heartland park. I try to make a few test&tunes during the spring/summer...
    Love that place.Quick program that pays well.See all kinds of cars. LOL.Self watering burnout box FTW!

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Home drag strip? They always tell me "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Moving target these days as our tracks close and then are resusitated or resurrected as you prefer, but Fontana if it reopened, Irwindale 1/8th mile, and Famoso, damn the the rotting fruit or incendiary temperatures.

Leave a comment:

• nothnslo
    replied
    Mooresville NC nice 1/8 mile track its a little less than a mile from the house.

Leave a comment:

• Dino98T/A
    replied
    Choosing the right domain name can be overwhelming. Our personalized customer service helps you get a great domain.

Midwest raceway in Manhattan KS. Awesome little 1/8 mile track...Very laid back. You can BBQ in the pits and/or bring a cooler for some adult beverages. I am also about 50 minutes away from Heartland park. I try to make a few test&tunes during the spring/summer...
    Last edited by Dino98T/A; February 10, 2013, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
    one good thing about old trucks. No need for a chute, just back off the throttle and you have a 4000+ lb. wind catcher.
    the old farm truck is about as slick as a barn door pretty quick off the line though

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    one good thing about old trucks. No need for a chute, just back off the throttle and you have a 4000+ lb. wind catcher.

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
    That's a pretty stout old farm truck.
    well i mite be off but have been 126 in the 1/4 but that was at 6700 so to do 130 i would shift into 4th gear and lock the converter might even get a little more if it didnt blow

Leave a comment:

• 1 fast evo 2
    replied
    Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    would be cool to run the standing mile i think the old farm truck would peter out around 130
    That's a pretty stout old farm truck.

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    As far as martin goes ive only been there once and it was short handed with the crew... ran good times so it was a good day pretty cool with the scale at the end of the track

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by 8SEC6SPD View Post
    lapeer is a flippin shit hole! i will never go there again. never been to Ubly. Mid michigan is awesome, but to far to go to.

martin is also amazing!!! but too far to go to on a regular basis. funny thing is a local windsorite bought and redid the track a few years ago, after the canadian gov't jerked him around when he wanted to open up a local track. bunch of a-holes! they told him he had to pay for million dollar off ramps, which they had already slated to replace.
    If you look at a TnT day at Martin VS Lapeer, I have better luck running Lapeer... at least
    I can hook at Lapeer... I've had my problems at Martin on TnT days.. I finally had to put
    the car back in the trailer... my car is a high 8s car and when I was going to the Mopar race
    at Martin I would get there on Friday for some passes.... I couldnt hook to save my ass..
    but when they spray the track its fine and I have no issues... I call Norwalk my home track
    and its a 3 hour drive but I usually stay for the weekend ... I have my problems at Milan also
    when its TnT days... they dont like to prep either... normally my car can hook in a mud puddle
    but I need just a little prep.... Ubly and Lapeer are both short in the shut down area for me... I
    can stop without to much of a problem but once in a while I did have to dump the chute but I
    dont like to(I'm toooo lazy to pack it) based on which way the wind is blowing(I can get a couple
    extra MPH if its blowing down track and that can get me 153mph)

Leave a comment:

• ProCharged509
    replied
    Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
    ...Also do standing mile events (mostly at the ohio mile).
    I got a chance to co-drive a buddy's Z06 on the Texas Mile at Goliad just before they moved to Beeville. Had a blast and ran just over 164 ('bout 70+ shy of your Evo).
    I would like to try the Blazer on the Ohio mile some day. It's run 155+ in the 1/4 a dozen times using only third gear. On the mile I'd have to use fourth and lock up the converter.....
    I do like mph.......

Leave a comment:

• LAGNAF
    replied
    Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    would be cool to run the standing mile i think the old farm truck would peter out around 130
    can't imagine anything over 130 in my 53... that is ALOT of air to push around in trucks!!

course I would run outa gear anyways!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X