• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Triple_Tow_Rig_2010.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	866930
    We first put this "triple tow" rig together for Drag Week 2010.
    Crew chief Bob's "farm truck" Sierra Crew Cab 1500HD (HIGH mileage 6.0)
    Borrowed 16ft car hauler (wood deck, dove tail) with class 1 receiver at the back.
    "spec" U-Haul 4x8 (rent & pack it at home; haul it both ways)
    Steve & Bob
    D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

'81 Corvette - 17MPG @ 75 - 80 MPH with everything but the kitchen sink packed inside!

Comment

09 F150 extended cab, 22' open trailer, 12-14 mpg.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Name:	100_0598.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	866953

93 Dodge 5.9 diesel, 24 ft enclosed with 1 lightweight race car. 13 mpg

Name:	DragWeek 055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	866952

93 Dodge 5.9 Diesel, and 32ft 2 car open trailer loaded with 2 heavy street cars, grossing 19K. 15 mpg... go figure.
          Last edited by MoparBilly; February 6, 2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
            i have a 2002 suburban with 180,000 mile and have been towing local but would like to use it this year for drag week what do you think
            Try maintaining it once and a while and there will be no trouble My gmc had 260,000 when i used it last for drag week. Not everything is like your food 55 gallon drum of oil and bailing wire to keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

95 Dodge dually with a Cummins 6 speed stick... 43' enclosed trailer.. if I keep
              the revs at 2000 to 2200 I can get 18 MPG on the e-way...
              you can see the truck in the back ground
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                24 ft enclosed with 1 lightweight race car. 13 mpg

32ft 2 car open trailer loaded with 2 heavy street cars, grossing 19K. 15 mpg... go figure.
                aerodynamics.....
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  aerodynamics.....
                  Thats all it is... with the small front nose on my trailer I get good
                  mileage once I'm on the e-way... getting to the e-way with traffic
                  lights hurts my mileage... people would be suprized at what that
                  front wall on a trailer does to mileage... we had a truck at work
                  with a adjustable wall behind the cab for loading the truck when
                  it was rolling.... we could raise it to 8' above the cab... you really
                  had to put the pedal to it to maintain speed at 70

Comment

^^^ aint that the truth - the "parachute effect" of a trailer can be amazing.

2001 F350 crewcab 8ft bed 4x4, 7.3 power-choke, 4R100, 3.73 gears.

Best 19.8mpg at 75mph with cab height cap on, no trailer.

Worst 13.5mpg towing 3600lb open trailer with at least 6000lb of building materials (paver bricks) in traffic.

Drag week was between 15 - 18 depending on terrain, and winds, and torrential down pours.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
                      Try maintaining it once and a while and there will be no trouble My gmc had 260,000 when i used it last for drag week. Not everything is like your food 55 gallon drum of oil and bailing wire to keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Hey i like my old ford farm truck it sits up high and i can see the oil leaked path from the mopar's and just follow that so i dont get lost but seem's that then were both lost then
                      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I have 98 quad cab long bed ram 2500 4x4 cummins auto 255k miles pulling open trailer with fox on it gets around 14-16mpg going around 75 mph thinking about selling it.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

My normally 30+ mpg Magnum drops to 12 mpg towing this.....yup, all aero dynamics. The trailer is only #280 and the buggy is only #1100.

I would get about 12 mpg pulling this with an '89 EFI 352 non-overdrive Ford E350

The current rig is a 3500 Express LQ4 LS 4L80E, it manages 14 mpg with the loaded trailer.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thats pretty good that you could haul your buggy on a snowmobile trailer...
                            you had to close to the max limit
                            I assume you hauled up to Silver lake in Mi
                            Last edited by MR P-BODY; February 6, 2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Magnum SXT is rated for #2200.........trailer tires are rated for #2000...... I did my math and ditched the wooden trailer deck for 1/8" aluminum sheeting. Got me from #700 down to #280. I'm a happy camper.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I use to run up there with my brother... we built a few buggies... right
                                now I think he has 3 buggies... that place was fun... but damn is it PACKED
                                with people

Comment

Working...
                                X