Any rule changes for dw 2013??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rule changes for dw 2013??

Request the inner circle of HRM be so kind, as to provide us with any DW 2013 rule changes.

R, Carl
    sigpic

As per rule changes from last year.. they will not change for three years.....
    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

HOT ROD CLASS RULES 2012
      Hot Rod is for ’28 to ’48 American cars and trucks in the styles of the ’40s to the ’60s. Cars in this class
      may not have a modern appearance and may not appear in the Gasser style or they will be placed in the
      Gasser/AFX class. The cars that will be allowed in this class must have an appearance that’s approved
      subjectively by the Drag Week™ tech committee. We very strongly encourage approval prior to the
      event; send photos of the car to [email protected].
      BODY
      •May be steel or fiberglass. Replicas must be faithful to the original car.
      •Fenders, running boards, hoods, and hood sides may be removed.
      •Chopping, sectioning, and customizing are allowed, but the car must retain a traditional appearance.
      •Modern graphics not allowed.
      •Wings and spoilers not allowed.
      CHASSIS
      •The frame may not have round-tube main rails.
      •Engine may not be set back past the stock windshield location.
      FRONT SUSPENSION
      •Fenderless cars may not have independent front suspension.
      •Any IFS conversion must be double-A-arm style
      TIRES & WHEELS
      •Must use tires on the dragstrip that are no greater than 11.25 inches wide at the tread, as measured
      installed and on the ground with a go/no-go gauge. Tire edges may not be shaved or cut to meet the
      11.25-inch maximum. Drag radials with a metric width labeling of no greater than 295 mm may be used.
      •Wheels may have a diameter no greater than 16 inches.
      •Wheels must be traditionally styled; no billet.
      ENGINE
      •Must use American engine families from ’62-and-earlier model years.
      •EFI is not allowed.
      •Turbos, superchargers, and nitrous are not allowed.
      NOTE: This is an experimental class. The rules may change next year.
      sigpic

Comment

Good luck getting an answer through the "official" channel... I've asked the same question a couple of times... no response (since November)
        DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
        DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
        DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
        DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

I'm working off the 12 gasser rules....they're subject to change, but so is the class I'll enter.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I believe last year Hot rod said the rules would remain the same for 3 years, so there would be a solid foundation to build off of.

Mike Reichen

Comment

what he said.
              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

I guess you have to wear pants when you race this year. Bummer...
                http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Hopefully with new rules in 014.
                  Heads Up Drag Racing on last day will be included in all classes.
                  10.80 index for Daily Driver
                  Car count would probably drop in half.
                  LOL
                  No way this is going to happen.
                  But thats Drag Racing.
                  Going to my Room.
                  Bob

Comment

Back again with the heads up in all Classes, so Bob does that mean, I can run 18s all week then win the heads up ( Rained out) Race the last day and win Class. I just dont see how you make guys run fast all week and push their cars. Thats no test at all of cars or drivers. Now if you want to average the RT and ET as a Total for the week I can see that.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I just like that side by side Drag Racing.

Where driving is a little more part of the Race.
                      Fastest two race last day. maybe two out three
                      Last edited by 1956NY150; March 1, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I get it but its not billed as a race, its billed as finding the Fastest Street Cars in America. That's a ET based Event which is what we do.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          Back again with the heads up in all Classes, so Bob does that mean, I can run 18s all week then win the heads up ( Rained out) Race the last day and win Class. I just dont see how you make guys run fast all week and push their cars. Thats no test at all of cars or drivers. Now if you want to average the RT and ET as a Total for the week I can see that.
                          Not getting on your case BUT... if you spool up your BIG turbo for 2 minutes and I'm sitting at the other
                          end... who is the quicker street car.... just askin

Comment

the tire go-no-go gauge dave uses,does anyone know how wide it is?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              I get it but its not billed as a race, its billed as finding the Fastest Street Cars in America. That's a ET based Event which is what we do.
                              My mistake again.
                              I now understand.

Street Cars
                              Got it

Out looking for a street car
                              CB

Comment

Working...
                              X