Any rule changes for dw 2013??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    That's shocking! I'd think they'd be lining up for that opportunity.

On the other hand, it'd be a very short list of people I'd trust with any of the 200 m.p.h. Unlimited cars on the street. And the stress of driving somebody else's $100,000+ race car in traffic (even in the dry) would be fairly daunting. Besides, I suspect DF would take a dim view of "in transit" car swaps (that "no support vehicle" thing).

That does raise a couple questions for the serious "class" car competitors, though . . .

1. Are most of the "class" car competitors using a co-driver for the stages between tracks?
    2. And do these street-only relief drivers share in the expenses, or do you have to pay 'em?

(I suspect the crew/"in transit" relief driver role would yield 80-90% of the DW fun for most Bangshifters . . . and at a lower cost in time and money than actually competing)
    You know they have issued an arm band for my passenger both years so Im not sure how big a deal it is...............but Im sure if it was an issue they wouldnt have the Hot Rod guys riding in cars along the way just for a story. My biggest goal second to finishing is to leave early enough to enjoy the drive, I think the drive from Wichita to Ennis was probably beautiful but at night there isnt much to see except the occasional skunk or Armadillo.

Comment

I enjoyed the drives especially when the sun started going down. T-tops out and motor singing at 3000 rpm, that was a lot of fun.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        I enjoyed the drives especially when the sun started going down. T-tops out and BOAT ANCHOR CHUGGING at 3000 rpm, that was a lot of fun.
        I feeeeex!!!
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

I keel you!!!
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I am known for catching up on my sleep while driving...............
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                Not sure why you screw around so much, we were at every track by sundown, except the last day. And we still made it by 11, even with swapping out a lifter.

How many times have you done Drag Week......
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                  Not sure why you screw around so much, we were at every track by sundown, except the last day. And we still made it by 11, even with swapping out a lifter.

The experienced "one-and-done" guys with trailers are a whole lot smarter than some of the rest of us. My typical DW day was more like:

1. Unload all the crap out of the car.
                  2. Disconnect sway bar and put on the Drag Radials (all four wheels off of the car).
                  3. Screw around with the daily "fix" of the nitrous system (none of which worked).
                  4. Look for racing unleaded (just in case the nitrous decided to work).
                  5. Make five to ten passes per track, desperately searching for speed and consistency (neither of which appeared in sufficient quantities).
                  6. Shoot a few blurry, out-of-focus photos.
                  7. Get more free advice on how to make the dead nitrous kit work.
                  8. Look at the big pile of crap I had to load back into the car and realize how exhausted already I was.
                  9. Find and turn in my best time slip (usually the right one . . . except at Tulsa on Day One).
                  10. Reconnect the sway bar and take off the Drag Radials (all four wheels off again).
                  11. Reload all the crap.
                  12. Shoot some more photos of guys fixing broken stuff.
                  13. Search for where I mislaid the route instructions.
                  14. Look at the food Mrs. Outsider packed . . . and then hit the McDonalds Dollar Menu . . . .
                  15. Call Mrs. Outsider and advise her I was still alive.
                  16. Search for the daily offering of new parts to re-rig the dead nitrous kit (or get a tire fixed in Ennis).
                  17. Search (in the dark, usually) for another unlit checkpoint.
                  18. Pull over and catch a catnap in a truckstop parking lot (when the mocha cappuchinos quit working).
                  19. Dig through all the crap to find the CD case (no iPod) when the radio was bad and I couldn't stand what was in the CD player anymore.
                  20. Drive some more until I found all the checkpoints and the next track.
                  21. Talk myself out of setting up the tent (if there was even camping available at the track) . . . or set up the tent in complete darkness (Gilliam, LA) . . . .

Suffice it to say, the rainout in Tulsa was the most relaxing day of the entire trip . . . . (and I still had to load and unload the car!)

Comment

Comment

I thought your Boat would be .................................................. ..........Bigger
                      Last edited by JeffMcKC; March 5, 2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I got Finnegan something for making us all wait.......
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          Thats no shit. LOL.

Comment

Gee, Jake, you're setting the bar kinda high . . . .

If knowing what you're talking about, not "pissing" people off, and not being an idiot were all requirements for posting at Bangshift, my post count would be about 3.

BTW, anybody know how Spidey's doing?

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post

Its part of my plan to make them over confident.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                                Gee, Jake, you're setting the bar kinda high . . . .

If knowing what you're talking about, not "pissing" people off, and not being an idiot were all requirements for posting at Bangshift, my post count would be about 3.

BTW, anybody know how Spidey's doing?
                                I am just here to have fun......if you would have taken 5 minutes to follow me into a gas stop instead of blowing past me on the highway at 90mph you would know that.

You "Outsiders" must be too good to talk to us muscle car geeks....
                                Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X