2013 Drag Week Dates HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    Hmmm . . . NHRA can run a show with 600 racers, yet considering only 200 for DW triggers the apocalypse . . . .
    200 racers is just a few hours!! Not 3 days!!
    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Dw 2013 potential track

Originally posted by ksuhre View Post
      I gotta believe DF&Co. want to see something new and different. I was trying to think of something that would tie into this year (e.g. anniversary or some obscure piece of drag racing history). The first east coast dragstrip closed as of last year, so that idea didn't pan out, but the Englishtown schedule is open the entire DW13 schedule. No real clue here...
      =================================
      Bristol,Tn (MAYBE?)
      NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series
      Thursday, September 5, 2013 - Saturday, September 7, 2013

NHRA
      sigpic

Comment

NHRA event you get 2 passes a day when your class is called
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
          Hmmm . . . NHRA can run a show with 600 racers, yet considering only 200 for DW triggers the apocalypse . . . .
          I have worked the D5 ET Finals many times. It is exhausting. Cars on the track at 7am and we finish after 10 pm... THREE DAYS IN A ROW!
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Cecil County, Atco and Maple Grove all have openings around that time.... hmmmm

The more I think about it, the more I say to myself, "That would be the PERFECT week to have Drag Week in the midwest." Topeka is going to have a huge event and all the other NHRA Div. 5 tracks will NOT be holding their regular programs so their racers can attend the ET Finals. This means no scheduling conflicts with Brainerd, Oahe, Cedar Falls, Kearney, Tri-State, Great Bend, etc...

Ron
            Last edited by Ron Ward; February 28, 2013, 05:47 PM.
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

ELEVEN REASONS HOT ROD WON'T REVEAL THE SCHEDULE

11. Schedule is caught in crossfire between DF & management: "Budget sequester" or subscription rate increase.

10. They're trying to give Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI a reasonable time to transition into his new job of coordinating Drag Week.

9. Elana Scherr's sudden, unexplained obsession with race car number roundels has delayed booking the tracks

8. "Cube Hive" is burried in letters, tweets, and e-mails protesting the omission of the 33rd-place DD from HRM's coverage of DW '12

7. Finnegan used the list to mop up oil spill on "Roadkill."

6. DF is trying to convince skeptical track owners that pesos and cases of Corona are as good as real money.

5. Johnny "PHR" Hunkins snatched all the track reservations for a new pro touring event

4. HRM wants to announce the schedule on a new episode of "HOT ROD TV" (airs sometime in 2014)

3. List is tied up at the printers because nobody knows how to spell "Gillogly."

2. HRM staff cruise on the Carnival Triumph to iron out all of the DW '13 details didn't exactly work out.

1. DF can't remember which non-running car he left it in.

Comment

Comment

Ooohhh!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I had a pet chicken when I was a kid. His name was "Crispy". I really miss that dog....
                    http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

• Note to self.Dino and 5 Hour Energy is not a good mix. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                        I remember that road.........right outside Gillam. Just before that oil slick. The hints keep on coming.
                        Last edited by greenXpress; March 1, 2013, 12:53 AM.
                        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• any chance they will wait till march 8th, to announce , since that is when they close registration for the HOT ROD homecoming show ? Was just a thought.....back to your normally scheduled rants.
                          Last edited by ls7gto; March 1, 2013, 04:14 AM.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• Drama and anticipation sells. Wouldn't be surprised if they release the information in the print magazine. If they don't vomit the information soon, I will be forced to take drastic measures. They include..
                            1-Full body hair removal. With before and after pictures sent to the Hotrod staff. These pictures will be tastefull (pg13).
                            2-Not clipping my toe nails till after DragWeek 13'. Weekly photos will also be sent to staff.
                            3-Not showering at all during DragWeek 13'. (Everyone loses with this option)This will be brutal on day 3..
                            4-Doing one armed push-ups before each run during DragWeek(Rocky style, with 80s workout music playing in background).
                            5-Richard Simmons owes me several personal favors for being a talent scout for him in the late 80s.(sweating to oldies work outs). I will have him constantly annoy the staff at HotRod till they release the information. His tactics are brutal. This is my "nuclear" deterrent...please don't make me use this option.

They really have no choice but to release the information now, with no delays.
                            Last edited by Dino98T/A; March 1, 2013, 06:02 AM.
                            http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

• That was some funny, funny stuff, Dino . . . .

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea not to hose the print-only subscribers this year . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                                Come on SOMEBODY PLEASE take one for the team!!!!!!
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X