2013 Drag Week Dates HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    Seriously, Dude, do you think somebody that could put on a pathetic driving display like that one ought to be loosed on the streets with a still-nearly-full tank of dinitrogen monoxide . . . .

EXCLUSIVE -- NEW ZEX AD FOR "THE POWERBLOCK"

ANNOUNCER: Nitrous oxide is a terrible thing to waste. That's why in select Zex "Blackout" nitrous kits for Drive-by-Wire Mustangs, we leave out the necessary step of the instructions to the kits to work!

FEMALE ANNOUNCER: And we tell 'em to do something that will NEVER WORK!

ANNOUNCER: Then we keep those hapless 'Stangbangers on-hold while we secretly laugh at their patheticness!

FEMALE ANNOUNCER: Our techs are specially trained to give worthless non-answers and no hand-on assistance, should they encounter on of those talentless idiots with too many credit cards who blew hundreds on a Zex "Blackout" nitrous kit!

TALKING PIG: Then we make sure that if the "juice" does start flowing, it safely leaks out of the "Nitrous Management Unit" instead of boosting the car past the obviously deficient skills of the Nut behind the wheel.

ANNOUNCER: Zex -- Keeping America safe from yabbos in Coyote Mustangs . . . .
    Did Zex ever get you taken care of? Or do I need to send another strongly worded email to these fine makers of excellent nitrous related products?
    http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dino98T/A View Post
      Did Zex ever get you taken care of? Or do I need to send another strongly worded email to these fine makers of excellent nitrous related products?
      Thanks for asking.

They're still waiting on me to find my "proof of purchase" so they can send me a "return authorization." (a giant credit card charge isn't enough) I expect once it warms up a bit, I'll pull the bad stuff off the car and dig through a stack of papers to find the receipt (not much reason to start the return clock until I have the parts boxed up).

So I'm at fault for the delay. The kit has a one-year warranty, so I've still got some time.

Of course they can't re-run DW '12, but at least they'll probably warranty out the kit in time for some summer-time test and tune and a few bracket races.

If Zex doesn't honor the warranty, I'll certainly have more to say. But my joking about Zex is based on the original failure of the kit to perform as advertised (or at all).

I'm thinking about buying some solenoids and the necessary AN fittings (Zex's plumbing prevented an emergency NOS solenoid retrofit during DW '12) and thus avoiding the risk of another Nitrous Managment Unit poop-out at DW '13.

Comment

• It's pricey but I thought about the JMS kit for my 13 gt, pretty well hidden for what thats worth

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
          It's just a fiddy shot on a 429 out of a dump truck, honest it is!

Looking good Bill!
          We've been down this road. It's 302 with a genuine NOS trans Am dual quad manifold, two Edelbrock AVS's and a B cam.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Is the floor open for rebuttal?
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• So I'm at fault for the delay. The kit has a one-year warranty, so I've still got some time.

Watch out Outsider, this attitude might work with Zex.......but don't make it a habit.
              I got plenty of time can cost a spot in DW............I was almost guilty of that last year. Would not like to live in the land of Maybe Can Go...........
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                We've been down this road. It's 302 with a genuine NOS trans Am dual quad manifold, two Edelbrock AVS's and a B cam.
                All hail the Bee cam!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• damn Bill looking good. can't wait to hear what the car does with the engine laughing all the way down the track...
                  Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                    Having trouble finding the part numbers that match the physical appearance of that junk in the ford SVO catalogue?????
                    HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                    HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                    FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

• There is no way that thing has that kind of top end charge with a b cam......it's clearly an E cam.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Its going to take a 200 shot just to haul the Kitchen sink down the track................ J/K Bill
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                          There is no way that thing has that kind of top end charge with a b cam......it's clearly an E cam.
                          If the E cam makes more power than the B cam, lets jump to the Z cam to try and catch that Honda Civic with a fart pipe and a wing on an interstate run!
                          Last edited by Lilracr; March 7, 2013, 01:25 PM.
                          -Bobby-

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            Its going to take a 200 shot just to haul the Kitchen sink down the track................ J/K Bill
                            With the extra weight of the nitrous system and the chute, never mind the driver, it may take a 200 shot to get the barge out of staging. Unfortunatly Randall was close on the math so I'm thinking it'll get into the 10's for sure.

Bring on that fart pipe Honda.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
                              All hail the Bee cam!
                              Praise B-cam!

B-eech B-end

9/8 Registration
                              9/9 Race
                              they're showing 9/10 as last day DW, but I think it's last day DW owns the joint until 9/13
                              9/13 Morning race, as indicated in other places and threads, Early awards Ceremony, gates open for their regular schedule at 6pm.
                              9/14 Nothing scheduled until night, there's our rain out day.

I think Bowling Green sounds okay, it'll be good fun. Just a few extra miles, if I was worried about gas I sure as hell wouldn't be doing this.
                              Last edited by Beagle; March 10, 2013, 12:27 PM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• You make a good point... I'm with it...
                                sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X