Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag week tracks to be announced next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This mustang owner will have a long drive ..still can't wait to get registered and be able to plan on it for sure ..

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
      Same here!!
      My brother Boone, who didn't make it with his Truck last year, got the E-mail, but I didn't. I kinda have an imaginary line in the sand as to how far east I'm willing to go...so we will see.
      I too have an "imaginary" line, but it is not solid....................Just how many tracks are there in Maine?
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by nplewniak View Post
        After the first announcement we will at least know the region....keeping my fingers crossed cant afford to go all the way to the west coast. Z max would be a cool track to race at
        The staging lanes at zMax leave a lot to be desired. The rest of the facility is pretty nice.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

My thoughts

St louis
          memphis
          bowling green
          indy
          st louis

Its 1050 miles on the highway and with kentucky and tenesee in there it would be easy to add some two lane to that I am sure.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Up and down the Atlantic coast!!! NOT, Went to Englishtown from Fla on Power Tour one year and the closer to Englishtown the more people disliked it. Nothing against all you East coasters. You guys have had enough from Mother nature. Besides that Winter storm Zebra II will be about to hit ya in Sept. I also think St Louis will be part. Cordova? CHEESE!
            Last edited by BlackGTO; March 8, 2013, 06:24 AM. Reason: never right at first
            First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
            Second place SSBBNA 2016
            Third place SSBBNA 2017
            Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
            All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

That would be cool if there were some cheese involved.......but I doubt it.
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                Ahhh phooey. All east of the mississippi..... I will probably be out this year.
                Wimp......load that bitch up and get crackalackin!!!
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know. I suppose it really depends upon where it starts.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I hear ya........I was just poking........I'd bail too if it started more than one days drive away.
                    Team Clueless
                    1st Place SB/NA DW12
                    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                      My thoughts

St louis
                      memphis
                      bowling green
                      indy
                      st louis

Its 1050 miles on the highway and with kentucky and tenesee in there it would be easy to add some two lane to that I am sure.
                      St. Louis makes sense- it is centrally located and HRPT stopped there last year. Looks like a good track. Memphis is a staple of HR events. BG would be nice- everyone seemed to like it when HR used it before. And Indy is Indy.

I would like to see Holly Springs be used instead of Memphis- even though it is an 1/8th mile track, the Unicorn Ranch is a great hooking strip that really tries to make the racer #1.

Of coarse, who really knows where east of the MS they will have it. It could start in Orlando or New Hampshire... we will get our first idea on Monday.
                      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Damn east of Mississipi river, I may be out
                        Last edited by tsanchez; March 8, 2013, 07:42 AM.
                        Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                        Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                        Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Did they say it will be east of the Mississippi?

Comment

yep, per the email
                            "Oh, where’s Drag Week going this year? Find out next week. On March 11-15, HOTROD.com will announce one track per day—not in order—and then reveal the entire schedule on Friday the 15th. You past participants will receive the schedule via email, along with the registration link and the host hotel list, before anyone else. For your planning purposes, we will tell you this: All the 2013 Drag Week tracks are east of the Mississippi. Each track is high quality—no gravel pits."

Depending on where, maybe we can hookup on the way and travel together.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

It may be out for some, but looking better for me!
                              -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                                I hear ya........I was just poking........I'd bail too if it started more than one days drive away.
                                Sissies. There is no chance of it being west of the Rockies, and you're complaining about crossing a little creek.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X