Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag week tracks to be announced next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys know that DF is probably monitoring this and having a great time laughing his Ass off as everybody makes wild guesses, it's all fun and games so let's continue, I heard Old Bridge Township was the Wednesday track!
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
      good one.. except not too many people know the inside joke!!
      I'm originally from way South Texas (where Border Wars is filmed)..............not sure I want to know about anything dealing with kilos.
      (no need to explain) The less I know the better.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Oh well,looks like at least a 6,000mi round trip. Out with the BB and in with the SB. Where did I put that GV?

Comment

HR is just having some fun with us. I just want it to be sept already. One week of not having to deal with life's bs. No job,family,honey do lists. Just hanging with a bunch of like minded crazy gearheads. And wondering about every new noise the car makes!!.
          used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

^^ What he said...^^
            sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

So how soon do you guys expect it to sell out this year? I plan to go whether Im in or not. 7 years is a long time to wait!
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I say two week man for them to fill the 250 car count...
                sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DusterDj View Post
                  I say two week man for them to fill the 250 car count...
                  And that might be very generous. I was thinking 10 or less. But that will depend on where. And we get the first hint Monday. I wonder if DF is on Eastern Daylight savings time or PDST..................guess I won't get much sleep Monday morning.
                  Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                    And that might be very generous. I was thinking 10 or less. But that will depend on where. And we get the first hint Monday. I wonder if DF is on Eastern Daylight savings time or PDST..................guess I won't get much sleep Monday morning.
                    With the 50% refund I think it will take a bit longer than 2 weeks... the
                    guys will have to make SURE they are ready... then after August its
                    non refundable.... no one likes to throw $290 out the window..... JMO

Comment

• Eddie is saying
                      "Starts in Bowling Green"
                      Oh Ya

Comment

• I plan on taking one of my cars this year that will have to run in the unlimited class not going to be able to play with the big boys but just plan on doing dragweek for the "fun" of it and to.make some memories....but my question is if something major breaks before drag week and i cant fix it in time can i juat grab another one of my twin turbo small block s10 blazer or another one of the cars and run in another class?? Or is registration for a specific vehicle?
                        Last edited by nplewniak; March 8, 2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Thinking it is for the driver because last year some were talking about taking stock street cars since they had already taken vacation and booked hotels. Was causing concern since they had a 200 car cut off and many did not get in until others dropped out. They then expanded the field and we ended up leaving Tulsa with 188 or so. I also forgot about the 50% refund this year. That might slow registration down a bit. I think you can still find the rules on HotRod's web site at the DW2012 link.

Comment

• DW Class Changes.

Originally posted by nplewniak View Post
                            I plan on taking one of my cars this year that will have to run in the unlimited class not going to be able to play with the big boys but just plan on doing dragweek for the "fun" of it and to.make some memories....but my question is if something major breaks before drag week and i cant fix it in time can i juat grab another one of my twin turbo small block s10 blazer or another one of the cars and run in another class?? Or is registration for a specific vehicle?
                            Last year was our first year. We registered as a Super Street Car, but really wanted to run as a Gasser. we were told the car was not period correct. We negotiated with Mr. Freiburger while in the staging lanes, and changed to Daily Driver Class. No problem no hassle. We recommend you send him an e-mail at hot rod.com, and confirm your options.

R, Carl
                            sigpic

Comment

• They will let you jump Classes before the first day.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                                With the 50% refund I think it will take a bit longer than 2 weeks... the
                                guys will have to make SURE they are ready... then after August its
                                non refundable.... no one likes to throw $290 out the window..... JMO
                                Throw 290 out the window? My brother's and I blew that much in overnight shipping charges trying to get ready last year! I don't think it will slow down registration, because everyone thinks they can be ready with 180 days left on the clock!!

I'm thinking Memphis will be the anchor track this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X