Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag week tracks to be announced next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
    Throw 290 out the window? My brother's and I blew that much in overnight shipping charges trying to get ready last year! I don't think it will slow down registration, because everyone thinks they can be ready with 180 days left on the clock!!

I'm thinking Memphis will be the anchor track this year...
    Well just like the letter said... they had 80+ drop out.... thats the reason
    for the 50% refund before the certain date.... I dont blame them at all
    for the refund policy
    EDIT
    Last year the guys had the same amount of time to get ready
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 8, 2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Okay thanks for the input guys. And i agree with moparbilly whats $300 when you spend so much more on gas parts etc. It is a good idea tho since.it would be unfair to someone who is ready and cant register..just dont know if its enough to stop someone from .registering their car when they are not ready

Comment

• Ill be preregistering even though I don't know if I can make it yet. 290 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
        "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

• Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
          Ill be preregistering even though I don't know if I can make it yet. 290 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
          Your right.... 290 is much when you consider it cost most of us in the $2000+
          range to go... but HOPEFULLY it cuts down on people signing up and screwing
          other out of a chance to go

Comment

• Today's economy, I think it will slow it down a little. Kinda hard to throw $290 when you have thousands to spend just to finish your ride. I have one beer on 2 week sale out... lol
            Last edited by DusterDj; March 8, 2013, 10:05 PM.
            sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

• ugh 2300 miles to get to BG as a starting point...hmmm, yeah I'm still gonna pre-register.
              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• I don't think it'll sell out like last year, but I'm sure more cars will roll outa Beech Bend than at Tulsa last year. The 50% will slow folks down and make them think about it a bit more. Slower burn but I think we'll get to 250 or damn near registered and 225 start the drive. Just my guess.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• That would be sick to see 225 hot rods hitting the road... I would love to be on the corner with a camera, but I prefer to roll out with you all this time...
                  sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

• For the guys who don't get there car ready will most likely join DD rather than give up the $290.
                    Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                    Drag Week 2011 DD
                    Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                    Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                      Throw 290 out the window? My brother's and I blew that much in overnight shipping charges trying to get ready last year! I don't think it will slow down registration, because everyone thinks they can be ready with 180 days left on the clock!!

I'm thinking Memphis will be the anchor track this year...
                      *If* memphis is it, I might be able to swing it.
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• It will depend on the location as to whether I go at all. Memphis would b ideal since I am an hour and a half from there. The wife wants a real vacation this year- and I don't have money and time for both DW and her idea of a vaca. My truck is running- so this year would b spent driving and tuning it to get ready. That is way closer than I was last year at this time.

I am not a fan of the new return policy but I understand the reason for it. I have registered twice and had last minute issues stop me from going both times. Who would have guessed an engine that was 8 years old would lose oil pressure and eat the crank just before I was going to load it up? Losing my entrance fee would have been insult to injury. I will have to think hard about going this year before registering. I may take my chances and wait- I doubt it will sell out this year.
                        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

• The Pump Gas Drag is gone because 75 cars entered for free then 30 showed up.
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                            Ill be preregistering even though I don't know if I can make it yet. 290 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
                            Preregister and MAKE IT HAPPEN (please).....I gotta see your car again. Plan on watching more and less working on my junk this year.
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                              For the guys who don't get there car ready will most likely join DD rather than give up the $290.
                              And then there are some of us who have no way of building a ride to compete in the classes and build just to run in DD. Silly as it sounds, I bought my junk 4 years ago just for building a DW entry. Knew I couldn't ever get close to what 95% of the cars in DW so, I just decided to build what I wanted to drive and go have some fun. And, silly me, I thought it would be one year then sell the stuff but that plan fell apart once I went.

Now I'm "re-thinking" my plan..........................now just where did I put that old tractor turbo?
                              Last edited by greenXpress; March 9, 2013, 05:56 AM.
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• im going ,,i dont care where they start us....

Comment

Working...
                                X