Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag week tracks to be announced next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBZ_81_C3
    replied
    Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
    It will depend on the location as to whether I go at all. Memphis would b ideal since I am an hour and a half from there. The wife wants a real vacation this year- and I don't have money and time for both DW and her idea of a vaca. My truck is running- so this year would b spent driving and tuning it to get ready. That is way closer than I was last year at this time.

I am not a fan of the new return policy but I understand the reason for it. I have registered twice and had last minute issues stop me from going both times. Who would have guessed an engine that was 8 years old would lose oil pressure and eat the crank just before I was going to load it up? Losing my entrance fee would have been insult to injury. I will have to think hard about going this year before registering. I may take my chances and wait- I doubt it will sell out this year.
    When registration opens, REGISTER!!!

Don't worry about the locations, it will be in the continental US!

There are 51 other weeks to take the wife on a vacation!

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    X3. I've been waiting to do this since 06 where I registered but realized it wasn't gonna happen and bowed out. Not its all I want to do, and all I think about. The wife isn't going , but she is behind it 100% and so is her boyfriend! Lol

Leave a comment:

• DusterDj
    replied
    Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    X2
    X3, they could have the anchor track be santa pod raceway and I would be there....
    Last edited by DusterDj; March 9, 2013, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MattSwindle
    replied
    registered for the first one..broke down on the way..didn't make the show..you didn't qualify for refund back then..
    guess it doesn't qualify as past participant...so I'll have to hangout here and at Hot Rod to find out where and when to register.
    The Wife is gonna run her car and I'll run mine..so we wanna register soon as we can..

hope to see y'all there..where ever!

Leave a comment:

• turbolaw
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    They will let you jump Classes before the first day.
    They will let you decide on which class you want to run on the first day of competition. When you turn in your first time slip you tell them if you want to be in a different class then you are locked into the class you chose for the rest of the week.

Leave a comment:

• 505sfastest
    replied
    I'm in no matter where it is

Leave a comment:

• poison gas
    replied
    I burn up the road hauling classic cars all year long. So making the trip to and from wherever we start isnt any different. Now Obummers fuel prices dont make me happy, but what can we do? If we wait till they go down, we'll be old and grey. Oh wait, some of us are already. LOL It will be fun driving new parts of the country in our hotrods, but hopefully no where near Chicago. Gassers rule and new mustangs drool. Sorry outsider, I couldnt help myself.
    Last edited by poison gas; March 9, 2013, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Mike has it right....what's the big deal about an extra day of driving to get there?

Leave a comment:

• 79camaro
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
    im going ,,i dont care where they start us....
    That's the attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
    X2

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
    For the guys who don't get there car ready will most likely join DD rather than give up the $290.
    And then there are some of us who have no way of building a ride to compete in the classes and build just to run in DD. Silly as it sounds, I bought my junk 4 years ago just for building a DW entry. Knew I couldn't ever get close to what 95% of the cars in DW so, I just decided to build what I wanted to drive and go have some fun. And, silly me, I thought it would be one year then sell the stuff but that plan fell apart once I went.

Now I'm "re-thinking" my plan..........................now just where did I put that old tractor turbo?
    Last edited by greenXpress; March 9, 2013, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    Ill be preregistering even though I don't know if I can make it yet. 290 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    Preregister and MAKE IT HAPPEN (please).....I gotta see your car again. Plan on watching more and less working on my junk this year.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    The Pump Gas Drag is gone because 75 cars entered for free then 30 showed up.

Leave a comment:

• Orange65
    replied
    It will depend on the location as to whether I go at all. Memphis would b ideal since I am an hour and a half from there. The wife wants a real vacation this year- and I don't have money and time for both DW and her idea of a vaca. My truck is running- so this year would b spent driving and tuning it to get ready. That is way closer than I was last year at this time.

I am not a fan of the new return policy but I understand the reason for it. I have registered twice and had last minute issues stop me from going both times. Who would have guessed an engine that was 8 years old would lose oil pressure and eat the crank just before I was going to load it up? Losing my entrance fee would have been insult to injury. I will have to think hard about going this year before registering. I may take my chances and wait- I doubt it will sell out this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X