I think I found site for Pre Regestering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents,

I'm a IT guy. Me looking at this link, this looks to be shady... This isn't even the right amount for this year. It has 2012 pics mixed with 2013 titling. I will wait for Hot Rod to post the real link. This exact site was posted March 2012:

Mar 15th, 12, 7:07 PM Nows your chance.............you guys think you have a fast street car? PROVE IT!!!

#1 Rule of Drag Week.............................SHOW UP!!!

http://www.tixonlinenow.com/hotrod/s...ayproducts.asp (http://www.tixonlinenow.com/hotrod/s...ayproducts.asp)
    sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Why should they void early enrtys,Its the same company for years,,,if a guy does a google search and finds "2013 drag week pre registration" from legit company.I dont see where the scam would be.and why it should be voided.

dont you think if it was a scam,they would get the graphics right?
      Last edited by Ohio Paul; March 10, 2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

It is all good man. I'm just letting you know what I see and know what people are capable of. I could easily fake a reputable company and provide you a website that makes you think you are buying their product. When I open the link and see last years registration amount, last years website pictures with 2012 signs still up and all the html/xml code manipulated but does not exactly match what was released to prior participants, that raises huge flags and i'm just trying to look out for my fellow racer. That is all. Glad you are registered man, i'm just hoping you are registered for Drag Week and that money didn't go to waste and fall into someone elses hands.
        sigpic

Comment

No Doubt,I hope its real,,we will soon find out,,in the meen time I will check with my credit card company to see if they cover web scams.lol

Comment

it's not last years registration amount, it's this years. The same registered web site who's covered numerous prior years, and their Thawte cert isn't new either... so they've been scamming this for 10 months? Whatever will be will be. The site probably should not be taking public traffic yet.

This is about the same time they announced last year (3/15/2012) , so it should be soon. Thinking back though, I would wait.

Now the track speculation... the "mystery site" does mention Bowling Green as the walkup registration location.

Where does that send us? I can see BG to Commerce GA (367 miles) but North to Indy seems to be smarter, from Indy to Norwalk, and then I get lost. These still need to be 6 second tracks
            Last edited by Beagle; March 10, 2013, 01:50 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

#250 wtf
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

What number did it assigne to you guys if you did register????? I am 1966

Comment

My bad on the pricing. Your right about that one. I'm just looking out man. Maybe there not suppose to be taking on public traffic like you said. I want to be wrong on this one man but it is what it is. I have reached out to the Hot Rod Staff and hopefully they can clear this up. More info here: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-your-own-mind!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine was 1962

Comment

Comment

Looks sketchy.....says 2012 drag week

Comment

your wrong

if you read my earlier post,
                          after Mike Finnegan got the word from Jeff Lutz the site went down.

obiviously to me,
                          someone made a mistake,
                          Ohio Paul picked up on it and a few very special people got regristered.

So sad
                          now u have to wait

if u wait for the green light u will lose
                          CB

reading comprehension is not a strong trait on this Web Site
                          Last edited by 1956NY150; March 10, 2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

This thread has had 2400 views in 6 hours..thats crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Paul View Post
                              This thread has had 2400 views in 6 hours..thats crazy
                              "Bout normal..........you got to be CRAZY to do Drag Week anyway.
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Message to me from Mike F.

We won't be able confirm whether its legit or not until tomorrow. Hold off and don't use that site.
                                It's might be real. Just don't know for sure yet. Thanks for the heads up
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X