Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    I have heard that last year someone(I wont say who) found the registration
    site early.... the first guys that registered were sent their money back and
    they had to re-register when it officially opened
    Yes you are right we did find the site and had to register again but only three of us registered before it went off line > It is the same site that open up yeterday I would think after last year nightmere that would have it right this year I registered yesterday and got 1977 # who the F knows whats going on. Cant afford to snooze or will be out from what seems to be a high demand event

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
      Here we go again!
      Tire kickers must equal Daily Drivers.
      And I do agree with yur thought that we're filling the lanes up with vehicles.
      I also dont understand why there are so many.
      Fastest Street Cars i understand.
      I (which everyone knows) do not understand the DD that brings a car that will not be competative to get into Bracket Race.
      HR needs to do something to limit the DD car count.
      Time slips or something.
      99 cars in the class last year and maybe 50 that could make the field.
      If HR needs the money charge more.
      But its not changing now so u better sign up early or u will be home for DW.
      No one in DD shares my option.
      But the class is getting such a Bad Vibe.
      I feel were outside a gated community.
      Oh post a pic with u actually driving yur car not on Drag Week.
      I will be at NMCA in Bradenton
      $ Grudge race anyone?
      Bob
      To me Tire Kickers=all the guys that signed up right away and then bailed. Nothing to do with Daily Drivers/Class Cars. I was irritated that some guys didn't get signed up last year because some punk kid signed up and took the spot, so he could impress his buddies, and then never showed.

Carry on Bob......
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

I can confirm:

a) Site was not a hoax -
        b) cards were not charged
        c) any "pre-registrations" were not accepted
        d) Your confirmation number is not valid

We red-lighted. That is all.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Bob is own Whit Bazmore
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
            To me Tire Kickers=all the guys that signed up right away and then bailed. Nothing to do with Daily Drivers/Class Cars. I was irritated that some guys didn't get signed up last year because some punk kid signed up and took the spot, so he could impress his buddies, and then never showed.

Carry on Bob......
            That's the way I took "tire kickers". Am glad they now have a 50% only refund policy. And if I would have known last year, I would run all week without a solid run, I would have signed up in the unlimited class just to say I got beat by Larson, Lutz, Berry, etc.

I'll be waiting for the green on Friday. That's for sure.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              Bob is own Whit Bazmore
              THAT is a great comparison!
              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                That's the way I took "tire kickers". Am glad they now have a 50% only refund policy. And if I would have known last year, I would run all week without a solid run, I would have signed up in the unlimited class just to say I got beat by Larson, Lutz, Berry, etc.

I'll be waiting for the green on Friday. That's for sure.
                It gets old....THIS DD vs Class Car crap. I couldn't care less what class any car is signed up in. If you have the balls to show up......you get respect from me.........PERIOD!!!
                Last edited by lun40119; March 11, 2013, 06:38 AM.
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

Bob for someone that runs the DD class you sure don't seem to like it. Why don't you run SB/NA?
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Just out of curiousity , how many of you received the email from Hot Rod last week in regards to how they are going to release tracks and about early registration .( for last years competitors) I didn't receive one and I'm assuming if I didn't get that email last week I probably won't get the early registration email link as well.

Comment

I got one Joe........

Also, just got this from the registration site.....

Please note that you registration is not valid, the registration site was in test mode and should not have been publicized.

Your card was not charged.

We expect registration to be open around the end of the week
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't get the email either. Had a friend call and ask if I had seen it and if I was going. He forwarded it to me. Hope someone will Friday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                          I got one Joe........

Also, just got this from the registration site.....
                          I got one of those from the registration site too( damnit) I figure if it works like last year I will be out in the middle if no where and have no way to register. There was another local unlimited car here that sent email after email to hot rod last year trying to get an entry and they never returned one email to say he could have one if the vacated spots. Hell I sent a question in about a tech question and didn't even get a response.
                          Last edited by Joe Barry; March 11, 2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Joe if you want we can do it for you just E-mail the info to me PM me if you need help
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              Joe if you want we can do it for you just E-mail the info to me PM me if you need help
                              Thank you Jeff and I will know by Thursday if I'm going to
                              Be gone and I will take you up on that if so. Thank you

Comment

Joe, I ran last year and got the e-mail about the tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X