Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!2013 Pre-Registration is fake Gents. Read my thread and then make your own mind!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!2013 Pre-Registration is fake Gents. Read my thread and then make your own mind!!!

Gents,

I'm a IT guy. Me looking at this link, this looks to be shady... This isn't even the right amount for this year. It has 2012 pics mixed with 2013 titling. I will wait for Hot Rod to post the real link. This exact site was posted March 2012:

Mar 15th, 12, 7:07 PM Nows your chance.............you guys think you have a fast street car? PROVE IT!!!

#1 Rule of Drag Week.............................SHOW UP!!!

http://www.tixonlinenow.com/hotrod/s...ayproducts.asp (http://www.tixonlinenow.com/hotrod/s...ayproducts.asp)
    sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Plus the part about entry return policy is different than the e-mail from HR.

Comment

If the site was created so long ago,dont you think it is legit,,you as an I.T guy knows its easier for them to modify existing web page"thats going to be trashed" than it is to build a new one from scratch.thats prob.whats going on here..Just to show you H.R mag isn't the well oiled machine we all thought they were.lol I believe its real I just gambled $290 on it,Its not a new website from a new company you've never seen,its the same company from last year. how would someone scam you from legit website?

Comment

At that web site they have a scroll at the bottom with past events... wouldnt you
        think it would have HR DW on that scroll?.... I'll wait... if its full and I dont get
        in.... so be it

Comment

Paul, it is all good man. I'm just trying to look out for everybody. And believe me, it is very easy to do. I have already reach out to Dave, Mike and the whole Hot Rod Staff to make sure no Drag Week'ers are being done dirty.
          sigpic

Comment

Gosh I hope your wrong. I have forwarded the link to alot of folks. I have registered myself and received a confirmation email back. If its not legit, I guess we will see how well my credit card company protects me.

Comment

I just tried contacting them via the contacts info provided by that links wedsite and it came up invalid. Can anyone else verify please?

Phone: 888-742-5003
              sigpic

Comment

I just hope your wrong and im right,or im out 3 hundy. let us know what they say.
                Last edited by Ohio Paul; March 10, 2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Will do Brother....
                  sigpic

Comment

More salt gents,

This is what I got when I left clicked the link for outside the US participants: http://www.tixonlinenow.com/hotrod/non-us.htm

The pre-registration system currently accepts U.S. transactions and currency only.

For participants registering from outside the U.S., please send an email to [email protected]. We will respond in order to assist with your pre-registration for 2012 Hot Rod Drag Week™.

Just putting the information out there but I really do hope I'm wrong on this one...
                    sigpic

Comment

I called the phone number on their home page and it is to do business with their company , it goes into a prompt with sales people however they appear to be closed today so it might not be until tomorrow before we can get confirmation. I do know that alot of the registration stuff is alot like last year. I would not imagine some going that far but maybe Im wrong.

Comment

DusterDJ

$300 says your wrong

CB
                        Last edited by 1956NY150; March 10, 2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Message to me from Mike F.

We won't be able confirm whether its legit or not until tomorrow. Hold off and don't use that site.
                          It's might be real. Just don't know for sure yet. Thanks for the heads up
                          Last edited by DusterDj; March 10, 2013, 02:33 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                            DusterDJ

$300 says your wrong

CB
                            I need that money to register man, but I hope I am. I hope everyone on here realizes I'm just looking out for everybody. I'm not hating on anyone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Dj ,I missed out last year on tics,,so this year I was not going to miss out,been searching alot just to find out where to look for the announcement,when I found it I jumped right away,,but you are right,the scams are everywhere,I know your not hating,,I was worried I was sounding like I was hating and im a fng.like you said before ,its all good,hopefully the only thing between me and drag week is a full season of racing.Now I need to find some extra money,,,lol

Comment

Working...
                              X