X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by dougs67 View Post
    thanks for the heads up.. should know by the end tomorrow if its running any cooler. if not I may look into that.
    If I could fit the HHR fan that would for sure be my choice. I barely have 1/4" between my pump and fan as it is and the HHR just ins't an option.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by OldMachinist View Post
    I'm confused! You said you had .001 clearance when you checked then the shop checked it at .02 which is .020 clearance. He took .005 off which gave you .003?
    Not trying to give you grief but this is a peeve of mine when magazines try to give sizes and put decimals in the wrong place or other mistakes.
    If you actually had .002 clearance you would need .001 removed to get .003 clearance. And yes machinists are anal that way.
    Relax!! Its ok....i fixed it and .0005 off the crank adds .001 clearance.
    Last edited by BlueCuda340; June 26, 2013, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dougs67
    replied
    thanks for the heads up.. should know by the end tomorrow if its running any cooler. if not I may look into that.

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Doug, if you find you need more fan, I've had GREAT luck with the Chevrolet HHR fan and they are very cheap too at Rockauto.

Leon, it's ok to build a cool trailer, just don't make it so darn heavy it kills the trans on the drives!

Leave a comment:

• OldMachinist
    replied
    I'm confused! You said you had .001 clearance when you checked then the shop checked it at .02 which is .020 clearance. He took .005 off which gave you .003?
    Not trying to give you grief but this is a peeve of mine when magazines try to give sizes and put decimals in the wrong place or other mistakes.
    If you actually had .002 clearance you would need .001 removed to get .003 clearance. And yes machinists are anal that way.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
    I ran into a speedbump when I was mocking up my shortblock. The cam wouldn't hardly go in, not a huge deal but just something else to mess with(new cam bearings). But I only had .001 on the mains so the block is going back to the machine shop to get the mains honed again. The crank measures dead on what it should but the new line hone must be a litttle bit to tight. Hopefully they can knock it out this week so I can get to assembly.
    Took everything down to the machine shop today, we came up with .002 on the mains using real tools but he went ahead and took .0005 off the crank to get it to .003. In and out in the same day i was impressed! He was grinding cranks when i got there today so I think it was a combination of good service on his behalf and good timing and luck on my behalf LOL.
    Last edited by BlueCuda340; June 26, 2013, 02:04 PM. Reason: someonehadaheartattackoverthedecimalplace

Leave a comment:

• Leon421
    replied
    Was lookin at crazy lightweight. For a trailer

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    Looks like I'll need to sign up for 2014 if I want to Seered again.

Leave a comment:

• whichdoctor
    replied
    My car is still ready from 1988 when it was last freshened up and am planning on driving out of town this saturday for a car/bike show but I need to seriously consider a freshen up on the engine as it has about 20,000 miles on it including 3 drag weeks and multiple grudge races. I wish I had the time to prepare for an alternate this year but I am sure I will have a great time this year as a navigator for a little engine car and then come next year when I have more time to prepare for the awesome records that Eddie will set this year.

Leave a comment:

• AdvAutoBob
    replied
    body done, starting wiring and general assembly... still waiting on lifters for the engine, but if need be, I'll rip the 468 out of my Chevelle...

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    TIG'ing the budlight can is a much better fix than Right Stuff

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Just got my block back this weekend, rocker arms still 6 weeks out that will give time to install the new EFI and do the short block heads are out being welded

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    I'm looking into carrying a storage box on the bed cover between the rear
    down bars... I found 1 thats perfect on length but I wish it was 6" taller but
    I might still build a trailer... still dont know for fact

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Doug, if you find you need more fan, I've had GREAT luck with the Chevrolet HHR fan and they are very cheap too at Rockauto.

Leon, it's ok to build a cool trailer, just don't make it so darn heavy it kills the trans on the drives!

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I ran into a speedbump when I was mocking up my shortblock. The cam wouldn't hardly go in, not a huge deal but just something else to mess with(new cam bearings). But I only had .001 on the mains so the block is going back to the machine shop to get the mains honed again. The crank measures dead on what it should but the new line hone must be a litttle bit to tight. Hopefully they can knock it out this week so I can get to assembly.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    My car is FINALLY coming around... I had a oil issue
    and found that the intake at the heads was letting some
    oil in.. when I checked all 4 corners top and bottom I
    only had .001 difference BUT it looks like the 4 corners
    were bowed down a touch... I'll throw it on my mill tomorrow
    to correct that... its more of a PITA to put it on my fixture than
    it is to mill it... this issue has been bugging the shit out of me...
    I'll change oil pumps tomorrow also... the one on it now has a
    bad by-pass on it... I found my new oil pump yesterday.... so
    its finally coming around

Leave a comment:

Working...
X