Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Dirtybird's trailer is epic. I've posted pics, it is missing one thing that should be remedied by now - travel safety for the kegerator so it will only empty it's contents into approved containers.

Leave a comment:

• dougs67
    replied
    Had the car out a few times this year, but I've been dealing with overheating issues, hot crank issues and problems with getting it to idle right. I am on vacation this week so im hoping to get it all figured out. picked up a new radiator the other day, and we are swapping the fan around from a pusher to a puller, also deleted the thermostat and throwing a spring in the lower hose so it doesn't collapse. I also need to get a new driveshaft built, and figure out a new rearend set up. Plus I need to get some track time in with the bottle hooked up. I haven't been down the track since the last day in Topeka Kansas in 2011 for DW....

Leave a comment:

• Leon421
    replied
    Bill's trailer cover the necessities quite well. Tires in case of blowout or to switch for racing. Bicycles for if/when the car leaves you stranded and to get around the pits. Truck tool box to car all the parts. Stickers to bump up the cool factor.

I don't know why I want to set the bar high. But, I see some cool stuff in my travels as far as trailers. Just can't put my finger on what I can do that is practical but, will be that attention getter.

Have thought about a mini fiberglass body car like from an amusement park or something like that. Maybe a police car I can paint up like the real thing for say IL knowing we should spend a lot of time in that state. Or a car of another make crumpled up like my car just spit it out the rear. You know, something with some zing.

Leon

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    Bill, is that scratch made or did it start out as a HF trailer?

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    You mean like this?

Leave a comment:

• Leon421
    replied
    I am having some carb tuning issues around 3000 RPM and just starting to tip into the secondaries the engine gets really ratty and the temp wants to climb about 15 degrees.

Then there is the trailer issue. Haven't even started. Saw a little fiberglass 37 chevie trailer tonight it was neat. A guy offered me a Coleman Versa Trailer. Really neat low profile but, not really cool looking with the car. If I am going to drive through over 1000 miles of country it's gotta look cool.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    I sure cant say I'm ready... if my oil leak is gone today I will take it
    out on the road today to start testing... I was having oil pressure issues
    when it got hot at idle.. I did some pump work and hopefully I will find
    out if thats corrected

Leave a comment:

• poison gas
    replied
    I'm hoping the gasser class has at least half the cars running door handle to door handle. And I'm hoping I get mine back together soon so I can make some passes before Aug. It will be done though. I hope that HJ shows up too.

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    Originally posted by BigG View Post
    Good to read all this. Since all of you with non running cars already are registered. I am 10 on the wait list and my car is ready, spare engine going together now incase something gets hurt this season.
    I have a back up car..so its not an issue of making it,,i just want to bring a more competitive car...

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Looks like someone is in a happy mood this morning. If it makes you feel any better I am building a shortblock for mine this weekend, hopefully have it done by the end of the month. My car also doesn't have a trunk floor at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• BigG
    replied
    Good to read all this. Since all of you with non running cars already are registered. I am 10 on the wait list and my car is ready, spare engine going together now incase something gets hurt this season.

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    "Bob one of my friends run a 55 post the car is just beautiful... SB 434, 2004r, 9" 4.30, 4500 9 1/2" billet Art Carr, MT DR 315x60x15 cal tracs Q1a front and back...
    3700 with driver 11.00 @124 best 10.91 @124 his 60's are in the low 1.5s with a best of a 1.49.... Bob I put 315 on the truck when to the track sat. best 60s 1.54 did as well with the 275 but they look great best 60s with slicks 1.49"

thanks Dale
    this is a BIG help

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    replacing it and a transgo kit. (should have done that from the get go). Did find out the pig does have some torque.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
    just got back from the dyno. Verified my third gear is gone AGAIN. Don't think it has ever been there at WOT. This time I am going to tear it down and have a look. This is getting really old. I've basically been running a "two speed glide" with a 1.48:1 high. Not good.
    The common denominator is your valve body, might take it apart and give it a good cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    just got back from the dyno. Verified my third gear is gone AGAIN. Don't think it has ever been there at WOT. This time I am going to tear it down and have a look. This is getting really old. I've basically been running a "two speed glide" with a 1.48:1 high. Not good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X