No announcement yet.

Who's junk is not ready at a epic level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowing out right know. Got to go unload the plasma cutter and have some fun!
    Last edited by JOHNBOY66; March 15, 2013, 06:40 PM.
    2003 GMC Sonoma LQ4/4L80e Turbo Drag Week project

Comment

I'm in bad shape right now. New motor and trans just gotta build a car around it.

Comment

Originally posted by aukai View Post
        I'm in bad shape right now. New motor and trans just gotta build a car around it.
        How early would you have to ship your car from the islands to have it here on time?... good luck

Comment

I feel your pain, I realized that there is not one more part or bolt that can be removed from mine. it is a body shell and frame. cause of the roll bar they cant be separated. a bit of hand sanding, and luck we will start painting this week.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I wish I was painting this week... I've been priming and sanding in my
            shop and it looks like a bomb went off in it... when it comes to shooting
            the color I'll build a spray booth in front of the shop with filters and fans
            but I'm not gonna turn my shop red with paint...... just 1 more fender to
            prep....... come on warm weather

Comment

5 days ocean so a week for checking in and waiting, probably another 5-7 cross country by truck. I still have to find where to ship, and pick it up. So probably the beginning of August to be safe.

Comment

I have to improve 60' on 56
                56 is 3900# best 60' is 1.62

Changing rear gears. From 3:70 to 4:10

Changing converter but haven't even decided which Brand
                I can run 3:15 st radial
                I would like to run True Street at Joliet NMCA next month

What do u think
                To much gear or more?
                200 4R
                Thanks
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  INDEED!

Rusty while being reliable and fast is fabulous.

All show and no go sucks outloud.

if you don't finish the HJ you can always fall back on the 53 right?
                  that's the plan...motor should be here in 2 week, trans about the same,,,,if I cant finish it the new motor trans will go in the ford...

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                    I have to improve 60' on 56
                    56 is 3900# best 60' is 1.62

Changing rear gears. From 3:70 to 4:10

Changing converter but haven't even decided which Brand
                    I can run 3:15 st radial
                    I would like to run True Street at Joliet NMCA next month

What do u think
                    To much gear or more?
                    200 4R
                    Thanks
                    Bob
                    Bob one of my friends run a 55 post the car is just beautiful... SB 434, 2004r, 9" 4.30, 4500 9 1/2" billet Art Carr, MT DR 315x60x15 cal tracs Q1a front and back...
                    3700 with driver 11.00 @124 best 10.91 @124 his 60's are in the low 1.5s with a best of a 1.49.... Bob I put 315 on the truck when to the track sat. best 60s 1.54 did as well with the 275 but they look great best 60s with slicks 1.49
                    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I'm going to change to 3.72's(new) or 4.10's(used set with some surface rust) and try and get better 60's. Best so far has been 1.903 with a 4300lb C10 anchor. Using 11.5 X 29.5 X 15 Hoosier slicks. and homemade cal-traks. The 3.42's have got to go and then I need to tackle the third gear mystery with my TH400. I shift into third and nothing seems to happen. RPM stays the same. running 8.180 and 84.91 at the 1/8th mark and only 12.99 and 99 at the 1/4. On that pass I lifted a little on the third gear shift hoping it would grap. Need some help finding out what's happening. This is the second converter and transmission with the same results. The only thing in common is the valve body. The tranny I bought last year (the first day of Drag Week) did not have a modulator, govenor or valve body so I used my old ones.

I want to line up with Bob this year but I don't want to eat his dust.........HELP IS NEEDED.
                      Want Bob to earn his win.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                        Ugly and making the show sure beats the hell out of pretty and staying home.
                        thats my line... >

Comment

Wired & glass since this pic! waiting on parts and a trans ! ( its a bitch remembering how to put it together when its been apart since 06! )
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

HOLY BIG PICS BATMAN! sorry!
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post

Wired & glass since this pic! waiting on parts and a trans ! ( its a bitch remembering how to put it together when its been apart since 06! )
                              Sweet ride will you clean out my garage haven't seen the wall in along time

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                                I'm going to change to 3.72's(new) or 4.10's(used set with some surface rust) and try and get better 60's. Best so far has been 1.903 with a 4300lb C10 anchor. Using 11.5 X 29.5 X 15 Hoosier slicks. and homemade cal-traks. The 3.42's have got to go and then I need to tackle the third gear mystery with my TH400. I shift into third and nothing seems to happen. RPM stays the same. running 8.180 and 84.91 at the 1/8th mark and only 12.99 and 99 at the 1/4. On that pass I lifted a little on the third gear shift hoping it would grap. Need some help finding out what's happening. This is the second converter and transmission with the same results. The only thing in common is the valve body. The tranny I bought last year (the first day of Drag Week) did not have a modulator, govenor or valve body so I used my old ones.

I want to line up with Bob this year but I don't want to eat his dust.........HELP IS NEEDED.
                                Want Bob to earn his win.
                                get a transgo shift kit all u need with a 400 with that weight I would go 4.10 and 4000 stall..

Comment

Working...
                                X