No announcement yet.

Who's junk is not ready at a epic level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran into a speedbump when I was mocking up my shortblock. The cam wouldn't hardly go in, not a huge deal but just something else to mess with(new cam bearings). But I only had .001 on the mains so the block is going back to the machine shop to get the mains honed again. The crank measures dead on what it should but the new line hone must be a litttle bit to tight. Hopefully they can knock it out this week so I can get to assembly.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Doug, if you find you need more fan, I've had GREAT luck with the Chevrolet HHR fan and they are very cheap too at Rockauto.

Leon, it's ok to build a cool trailer, just don't make it so darn heavy it kills the trans on the drives!
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• I'm looking into carrying a storage box on the bed cover between the rear
        down bars... I found 1 thats perfect on length but I wish it was 6" taller but
        I might still build a trailer... still dont know for fact

Comment

• Just got my block back this weekend, rocker arms still 6 weeks out that will give time to install the new EFI and do the short block heads are out being welded
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• TIG'ing the budlight can is a much better fix than Right Stuff
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• body done, starting wiring and general assembly... still waiting on lifters for the engine, but if need be, I'll rip the 468 out of my Chevelle...
              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

• My car is still ready from 1988 when it was last freshened up and am planning on driving out of town this saturday for a car/bike show but I need to seriously consider a freshen up on the engine as it has about 20,000 miles on it including 3 drag weeks and multiple grudge races. I wish I had the time to prepare for an alternate this year but I am sure I will have a great time this year as a navigator for a little engine car and then come next year when I have more time to prepare for the awesome records that Eddie will set this year.
                HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

• Looks like I'll need to sign up for 2014 if I want to Seered again.
                  Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Was lookin at crazy lightweight. For a trailer

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                      I ran into a speedbump when I was mocking up my shortblock. The cam wouldn't hardly go in, not a huge deal but just something else to mess with(new cam bearings). But I only had .001 on the mains so the block is going back to the machine shop to get the mains honed again. The crank measures dead on what it should but the new line hone must be a litttle bit to tight. Hopefully they can knock it out this week so I can get to assembly.
                      Took everything down to the machine shop today, we came up with .002 on the mains using real tools but he went ahead and took .0005 off the crank to get it to .003. In and out in the same day i was impressed! He was grinding cranks when i got there today so I think it was a combination of good service on his behalf and good timing and luck on my behalf LOL.
                      Last edited by BlueCuda340; June 26, 2013, 02:04 PM. Reason: someonehadaheartattackoverthedecimalplace

Comment

• I'm confused! You said you had .001 clearance when you checked then the shop checked it at .02 which is .020 clearance. He took .005 off which gave you .003?
                        Not trying to give you grief but this is a peeve of mine when magazines try to give sizes and put decimals in the wrong place or other mistakes.
                        If you actually had .002 clearance you would need .001 removed to get .003 clearance. And yes machinists are anal that way.

Comment

• thanks for the heads up.. should know by the end tomorrow if its running any cooler. if not I may look into that.

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                          Doug, if you find you need more fan, I've had GREAT luck with the Chevrolet HHR fan and they are very cheap too at Rockauto.

Leon, it's ok to build a cool trailer, just don't make it so darn heavy it kills the trans on the drives!
                          Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

• Originally posted by OldMachinist View Post
                            I'm confused! You said you had .001 clearance when you checked then the shop checked it at .02 which is .020 clearance. He took .005 off which gave you .003?
                            Not trying to give you grief but this is a peeve of mine when magazines try to give sizes and put decimals in the wrong place or other mistakes.
                            If you actually had .002 clearance you would need .001 removed to get .003 clearance. And yes machinists are anal that way.
                            Relax!! Its ok....i fixed it and .0005 off the crank adds .001 clearance.
                            Last edited by BlueCuda340; June 26, 2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dougs67 View Post
                              thanks for the heads up.. should know by the end tomorrow if its running any cooler. if not I may look into that.
                              If I could fit the HHR fan that would for sure be my choice. I barely have 1/4" between my pump and fan as it is and the HHR just ins't an option.

Comment

• And here I thought if you removed .005 from the crank it would add .005 cl.

Since I'm so confused please tell me where the extra
                                .004 went.

Comment

Working...
                                X