Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdvAutoBob
    replied
    I'd rather have one of these than a Fox Mustang... (even though they're basically the same car)

Leave a comment:

• TomV8
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Don't kid yourself, Futuras are bad ass.

I've seen this one with a very high winding small block and no roll cage (yowza) run in the 8's at 165 mph.

Im a big Futura fan. The only reason I said it was ugly,was due to the condition and not being a Futura. Part of the plan is to pull it down winter 2013 and give it a major repaint and a bigger bullet.

Leave a comment:

• foxrod
    replied
    Way behind!

After Dw last year I went to our local track and made a wild wheel stand pass and starved the engine of oil hurting the crank and a couple of rods. So I did what any gear head would do I stepped up my program a little. Lately all I've been is spending money and not seeing any return yet. I ordered a pair of promod 88mm turbos 3 months ago that are still not in my hands, pistons are 4weeks out,no rods,headers aren't built and I need to order a laundry list if little things to get the car rolling again. I'll be lucky to get the car running by July. I'm sure everything will fall in place here shortly but getting a little nervous. Lets hope I'm not testing my new combo on the first day of DW.

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post

I've seen this one with a very high winding small block and no roll cage (yowza) run in the 8's at 165 mph.

seen one mod into a ranchero looked kickass and ran to boot

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Last edited by BBR; March 14, 2013, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TomV8
    replied
    Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    Tom
    Yu found another Futura?
    Using Turbo's on this one?
    U selling the silver one or Mustang?
    R u going back to OHIO mile?
    I really like those Fairmonts with Ford Engines.
    Good skill on getting it completed for DW.
    Bob
    This Futura is after your own heart Bob. I got TRASHED one nite and bought this car. In hindsight I should have not bought it, but Futuras are hard to find. I can hear Jake now saying " there is a reason for that". I think the will be done and chasing the Cobra. The car will be turboed, I big learning curve for me. The reason pushing an ugly car on Drag Week is the rules are good for at least 2 more DWs. So I can come out even harder in 2014 with the same car. As for selling any cars, I don't own a "for sale" sign, so I have sh!t every where.

See all in Sept. Tom
    Last edited by TomV8; March 14, 2013, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    we keep telling ourselves that.....

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    As of today I have a non rolling( no frt or rear Susp) non painted completely bare body shell, I don't have a Trans , but I do have an engine. No interior or wiring or glass. Sept is a LONG time away right?

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    I know that DF hates bbc in pontiacs and such......so I don't expect much love. But if it goes kinda quick and makes it all week ill be happy. Can't wait to spray it" beer meister red" !

Leave a comment:

• AdvAutoBob
    replied
    I might have rust holes, ripples, etc outside... but I'll make sure my engine compartment is pretty (priorities!) :D

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Doc and I have long talked about the fun of having a primer or less cut out wheel well car trashed beyond common sense and try to win a class just so they would have to put a picture in Hot Rod of it, but I say DF would love that so what's the fun then?
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; March 14, 2013, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    INDEED!

Rusty while being reliable and fast is fabulous.

All show and no go sucks outloud.

if you don't finish the HJ you can always fall back on the 53 right?

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    im gonna put a new meaning to ugly this year...is rust a color?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Ugly and making the show sure beats the hell out of pretty and staying home.

Leave a comment:

• JOHNBOY66
    replied
    Short block is together on the stand with new cam and timing set. Waiting on springs and push rods to put the heads back on. Trans is on the bench with the conveter waiting to go back in. Front clip is off the truck. Just finishing rack and pinion install. Cage install is next. Still need to order rear end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X