Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    My Buick gets at least 17-18mpg (hoping for more after the recent changes..), so at least I have that going for me versus towing. The time commitment to the extra distance sucks though.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    it's scheduled this year - last year was kind of an issue for a lot of folks. It was news from DF that was received with mixed emotions in the pits. I like that they are contingency planning this year. Great news indeed!

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I think they should start giving out gas cards to the farthest travelled competitors.... LOL.

Randal your commitment to this stuff should never be questioned - along with Bill, Rich, and the off shore guys - "ALL IN" indeed!

I'm already practicing my justification speech and I only have about 475 miles to go to BB.
    "I'm not on bowling league or golf league - I don't go out to the bars, I don't race in a points schedule at Milan....."

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    I'm not a fan of unschedule over time.
    I have never been either...

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I'm not a fan of unschedule over time.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Yeah it would only come into play if the rain day was rained out or something.
    Yeah I guess it would have to be that way... but its better than making people stay
    when they have to get home... one day extra is bad enough for some... but 2 days
    might not happen

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Yeah it would only come into play if the rain day was rained out or something.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    I agree Jeff, they will still run DD on the rain date, then if that is rained out the rule kicks in.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    That's if it rains out the second day I think

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Yeah I like this new rule... instead of making you stay for the next
    day(which alot of guys cant stay)

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    indeed - that brings tuning that is far outside my skill level into play - chassis, tire, jets, advance curve - the works - at least this year there isn't a huge change in elevation - but Lord only knows what humidity levels will do.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    just have to keep an eye on the weather to determine how you want to play it.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Good idea.
    That is cool, it will also keep us shady DD guys from shedding ET lol.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    started a topic I like this change.

I like this change.

The exception is Daily Driver; if the final-day bracket race
    cannot be completed for any reason, the winner will be determined by best consistency during the week.
    Best consistency will be determined like this: take the e.t. from each day, put them in order from quickest
    to slowest, calculate the difference between Day 1 and Day 2, Day 2 and Day 3, and so on, then average
    the results. The competitior with the lowest average difference in daily e.t. is the rainout winner; in the
    event of a tie, the win will go the car with the quicker average e.t., and then the fastest average mph.
    Good idea.
Working...
X