10.0 (and high 9 sec) DW cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.0 (and high 9 sec) DW cars

How many of you are running 10.0's or high 9's?

My car is only legal to 10.0s and it likes to run in the high 9s at times... looks like a DQ if you "break out". I'm curious how many others are in the same boat as me. I'm assuming they're pretty strict on the tech and "break outs".
    '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
    2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

You just can't turn in a time slip faster than you car was teched for. Slow it down alittle, make another pass, turn in slip and hit the road.
    2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
    2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
    all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Yeah, doubtful you will get a DQ, just slow it down to a 10.oh, and head to the next track.
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

David said last year they watch in the tower if you run under your "Cert." Multiple times you will be asked to leave. Take that how ever you want..........
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

When I was in the tower at Topeka, Keith was keeping a very close eye on the ET's vs. "cert."

Yes, they take it seriously.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

I understand them taking it seriously... I just don't want to get in trouble or booted for running some 9.90's... hopefully no 9.80s but its been known to happen. lol

Usually I'm struggling to try and run 9's and run alot of 10.0's... hopefully thats the case on DW.

Comment

Just turn in a 10.0 slip. I did run a 10.50/88 coasting with no bar of any type in it at the test n tune lol
              Last edited by cherp22; March 18, 2013, 01:33 PM.
              1982 Olds Cutlass sbc d1
              2011 Drag Week Daily driver

1983 Monte Carlo SS bbc

Comment

Work on the tune alittle u can slow it up a couple tens
                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

They also won't allow you to turn in a slip that is 10.0 but over 135 MPH, so the trick is to dump at the big end,and try to run a 10.0 @134.

We did it abunch of times in 09,that year most everyone in the SBPA(as it was) were running as close as possible to our limit, just to get second behind the Hubers.

I actually turned in a 10.004 @135.xx and Keith found me(and killed me....J/K) made me,and a couple of others, turn in a different one.

No cage,and/or no NHRA lic. then 10.0 and under 135 is the limit.

I believe that if you are running faster than the 8.50 limit of the StreetRace class you will get bumped to the SuperStreet class, tho.

Comment

The rules have changed since 2009, you can now run to 150mph without a parachute. It was 135mph in 2009. Yes, they watch all ETs, including running under 8.50 in Street Race classes. One 8.49 and you are out and in a different class. Can't believe there are almost 30 cars in SB/PA. This year is going to be fun.
                    Tom Franks

Comment

10.0s shouldn't be a problem then... nothing the laptop or a different nitrous jet can't fix!

Comment

Legal and Safe

"Its surpose to be Fun not DEAD"
                        CB

Comment

Working...
                        X