Daily driver ET cut-off for 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily driver ET cut-off for 2013?

before it starts, this isn't the "bitch about the 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread ... grin.

10.80 on the low side, I'm guessing 11.5 on the high side for the 32 car final. How about you?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

I hope its closer to 12.00's
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I think with all the banter about H/U vs D/D (wink wink) a lot of the DD guys may have stepped up to a class .... I look for the slow side to be 12.30 to 12.60 ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

They could break it into 2 fields... mainly for the rules of NHRA... a slower class
        of 11.50 and slower(max you can run without a roll bar) then a 10.0 for the quickest
        you an run for a non caged car or a certed chassis..... JMO... but I can still deal with
        the 10.80.... but I think the 32 car break will be about 12.30... JMO
        Last edited by MR P-BODY; March 21, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking most of last years field (80%) or so will be back. With last years cut off ending up in the high 12's after the additional day, I think mid 12's could be a safe guess.

But then again, when has my plans worked out. I'm hoping see the 11's this year.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I am going to guess 12.00
            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I thought last years 32 was in the low 13's after the rain delay, but would have been somewhere around 12 teens if Friday would have been run as normal.

I feel 12.0 will be about right for the 32 car field, maybe a little quicker, hopefully a little slower.
              -Bobby-

Comment

Who Cares.....Its Daily Driver.....
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

2 classes would be nice, I'm scrambling to get a roll bar fabbed up for my truck to run quicker than 11.49, I'd like to at least make the final 32

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                    I thought last years 32 was in the low 13's after the rain delay, but would have been somewhere around 12 teens if Friday would have been run as normal.

I feel 12.0 will be about right for the 32 car field, maybe a little quicker, hopefully a little slower.
                    13.0096 was the 2012 DD cut-off.

If the go-homers would have all run their averages on the final day at Tulsa, five would have been bumped and one of the 12.70 cars (KJ Jones' factory Mustang GT) would have been on the bump spot.

Comment

what's up Speedy? Did you register?
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Manifestospeed View Post
                        13.0096 was the 2012 DD cut-off.

If the go-homers would have all run their averages on the final day at Tulsa, five would have been bumped and one of the 12.70 cars (KJ Jones' factory Mustang GT) would have been on the bump spot.
                        This is what has me thinking that the cut-off this year will be mid or low-12's.

Comment

I agree
                          Fast Street Cars
                          That Drag RACE
                          Last edited by 1956NY150; March 21, 2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

So Bob - any updates on that missile engine picture from a while ago?

are you planning on testing the limits your cage is rated for?
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

We thinks Bob will be flying low this year!!!
                              R, Carl
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X