The "bitch about 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where was my mule?

didn't know the mule on the farm,some where on my way to LA(route66) had spare parts for me ,bloody hell ,you should of told me .pepboys and the others don't carry them.but mules do !!

Comment

• going into dragweek 13 as a newbie I will have everything I can think of packed into the car and trailer....I don't see anything wrong with giving a spare part/lending a hand to another competitor to keep his / her trip alive

Comment

• Originally posted by wacky mick View Post
        didn't know the mule on the farm,some where on my way to LA(route66) had spare parts for me ,bloody hell ,you should of told me .pepboys and the others don't carry them.but mules do !!
        Didn't have any parts your size, but could throw Blue Bell in the back and got ya to LA.
        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by nplewniak View Post
          going into dragweek 13 as a newbie I will have everything I can think of packed into the car and trailer....I don't see anything wrong with giving a spare part/lending a hand to another competitor to keep his / her trip alive
          And THAT IS the spirit of Drag Week.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post

Now if 2 guys decide before hand that they should split the load and have 2 cars that do not have all the tools/equipment to be self-sustaining, yeah, that would be cheating.
            This is what I was trying to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
              This is what I was trying to say.
              what if u dont bring tools and borrow tools the hold trip
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• Its been done is all I am going to say. LMAO
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• I like when guys brag about not bringing trailers, and then they are borrowing everything from guys along the way....
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                    I like when guys brag about not bringing trailers, and then they are borrowing everything from guys along the way....
                    Maybe I should try this... less wear and tear on my junk.... but then Dale (Quick52)
                    might get pissed when I borrow everything.... LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
                      So you not following the complete route???
                      We aren't competing. We fly over from The Netherlands and rent a car to attend all week. Sometimes we'll take the quickest route to a check point and watch all the cars come in and drive off again.
                      ~Alain~
                      A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                      "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

• Originally posted by alain View Post
                        We aren't competing. We fly over from The Netherlands and rent a car to attend all week. Sometimes we'll take the quickest route to a check point and watch all the cars come in and drive off again.
                        That is spectator dedication.

Comment

• Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                          Bob, do you power tour? Do you know a guy with a purple 68 convertable named Dave?
                          I passed Him.
                          Probably a few times.
                          LOL

Done HRPT long haul since 2006
                          It can be a pretty exhilarating Driving Experience. A lot of cars on the road so U don't stand out as much when you're driving slow and letting everyone pass you.
                          I have slowed down a lot the last couple of years.

"If your Stupid you have to be Tough"
                          JLCB
                          Last edited by 1956NY150; March 24, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• My "Class Car" averaged 11.43 and brought home a 2nd place plaque, the DD "Mule/tool hauler" averaged 11.96!!

Alain,
                            I would like to see your "Spectator experience" enhanced this year...as in possibly driving a couple of stints in our fleet of Mopars, and if someone thinks that would violate the "spirit of DragWeek", to heck with 'em!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                              My "Class Car" averaged 11.43 and brought home a 2nd place plaque, the DD "Mule/tool hauler" averaged 11.96!!
                              I hope this wasn't a serious post.

If it was, I don't think I'd be bragging about running a "mule" on a public forum, regardless of how quick it was.

(I'm assuming the "mule" you're writing about was the 84J '67 Belvedere (RB on spray but with a Bonneville gear set, according to the HRM write-up)).

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                                I thought it was expressly stated that "support from other racers is legal" or some such....

I'm not sure I understand why a group of guys couldn't make sure they had the bases covered for "parts we hope we don't need" instead of a bunch of folks carrying the same stuff?
                                This has been the "Gebhart Family" outlook on things. Thats why I joke about the Belvedere being a mule car, because It's best suited to handle the heavy stuff, like the tool box, the floor jack, the jack stands, a spare tire or 2...the things you only need one of, whether you are bringing 2 cars or 6! That leaves the other cars with more room for spare starters, alternators, fuel pumps, fittings, bolts, carbs, and stuff unique to our combo. In 2011 we had 2 big B-bodies on the trip, and managed to bring a small electric generator, along with a 4" angle grinder, lights, and other electric tools that managed to allow 2 of our other competitors the opportunity to finish the event.

My outlook is that DragWeek is all of us Vs. Those crazy people at HotRod who dream up the course, and it is our charge to see that as many cars as possible finish the test...then we can settle that part about who is faster afterwards!

Comment

Working...
                                X