Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
    Good thing big blocks were removed from that list :D
    Big Blocks are for Dump Trucks......
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Heck I'm slower than most the DD's. I'm a "mostly" 13 second runner. Hope to do significantly better this year than last, but with out a cage in the car I'm still above 11.50, keeping me in the slow class car category. Only reason I'm not in DD is because I'm no where consistent enough with the 5-spd to be a bracket racer at the end of the week (not that I've yet been able to go quick enough to make the 32...).
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Doc and I have both talked often, we feel the same, Love the DD cars no car snobs here, yes I joke some, mostly because of Bobs Total distortion of Drag Weeks Purpose. I think we need to make a new Pink Jacket.....................

Ever me anyone that's always a victim, that's the Daily driver class a Couple Bad Eggs want someone to blame and you guys are happy to take it on. I cant stand Car Snobs!!!!! This is one reason I have not gone on Power Tour and if it starts here I am gone here too. Its always been all for one and one for all. Its going threw Growing pains yes, but things will work out as they always do.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
          Big Blocks are for Dump Trucks......
          in my shop, we use small blocks as starter motors for our big blocks...
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

I'm a DD and PROUD......

yea, car snobs suck.. my truck aint real fast.. needs some work.. but I love it and drag racing..

that is all..

c'mon september!!
            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

They can bitch about the DD guys all they want........in the end anyone who is bitching didn't think DW was important enough to make an effort to be available to sign up. I told my boss I had an email coming that day and when it came I would run off regardless of what I was doing lol.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Very well spoken Paul, I was a DD from 05 to ????. Found out I can't bracket race! Their always pounding on my window to go as I fall asleep at the light. DD also has alot of very big good implications in other things too.
                First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                Second place SSBBNA 2016
                Third place SSBBNA 2017
                Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                  Doc and I have both talked often, we feel the same, Love the DD cars no car snobs here, yes I joke some, mostly because of Bobs Total distortion of Drag Weeks Purpose. I think we need to make a new Pink Jacket.....................
                  LMAO

Jacket size: Large, 34" sleeve length
                  "Something Cool imbroitered on Back"
                  "CB" on front

I am sure I will get THIS jacket before the Two HR owes me.

Jeff
                  the prune juice statement really did Hurt my feelings.

You, you ..................................Liberal
                  Bob

Comment

I am a very proud and excited newbie to DW, floowed it a long time and always been racing something so what better way to drive a fun old car all around and drag race at the same time. I am a bracket racer, but typically don't bring out my old street cruiser to do it, so I will be dusting the cob webs off the manual trans staging and consistency hoping to make the top 32 field. But overall I am really exited to just be part of DW and DD is a great way to get my feet wet!

Might end up with a caged car and jump into a heads up class in the future.
                    -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      Warm beer is alcohol abuse, or poor planning, red chevelles are ghey, and Jeff is way too big to be calling names - Jake - I hope you can run fast - LOL.
                      You guys would all hate me... I drink my beer at room temp(like 68* or so)... I dont
                      ever have to worry about people taking my beer... as soon as they feel the can they
                      put it back.... this is from my Viet Nam days... I sold cold beer over there but drank
                      it warm

Comment

For serving our country you have my respect and thanks.

That won't keep me from wondering about your sanity drinking warm beer.... I can drink cold coffee, but not warm beer, LOL
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I don't look down at any racer.. I think my statements maybe did not come across right, BUT I DO think since the event has grown like it has, HR needs to limit the DD cars initially to maybe 32 for a few months, THEN after all other classes have had a chance to fill up, open it back up for the DD cars.. I know more then a handful of VERY unique, VERY fast cars, including one extremely fast Unlimited car that got squeezed out, and with about 40% of the field being DD cars, it's a fact that those cars squeezed these other unique cars out, cars that would be very exciting for HR magazine readers to read about, and lets face it, the event is about magazine stories of very cool, unique cars, AND now a TV show..

I have NO hate towards the DD class, but when 12 second fox bodies push out potential 6/7/8/9 second street cars, in the first few hours of registration, my opinion is, it actually hurts the event, not help it. I mean seriously, how many stories is HR gonna do about a 12 second, 1989 Mustang, I'm gonna say not a single one in 2013! Call that hate if you want, it's not.. When I go to the track and wait on a pile of 12 second street cars to run, it does not bother me, they have as much right to be there as I do, BUT that's got nothing to do with a magazine story.

You guys can read into this all you want, but there is absolutely NO hate on my side, hell I'm in either way.. I sat by my puter last friday evening with a car ready to go to the track, and didn't end up getting to the track till after 9PM for test and tune, but I got my ticket!

Last year, I had a customer, and now friend who ran DD, Luke rowing gears with the very cool Boss 302 Maverick, and even he understands my position, and takes no offense. There are some cool cars in DD, like Luke's car but there are also a TON of very average cars, and some VERY slow stuff, which is fine at a T&T night at your local track, but not so cool for an international event with limited entry and people possibly coming from around the WORLD! Drag Week has grown, it's time for a few changes, the aforementioned is one big one..
                          Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; March 21, 2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

It felt more like we are all in this thing together in 08,09 than in 11 or my 1 day dw in 12. It may just be me and the larger car count may be the cause. I enjoy drag week, and am glad the evant is strong.

Comment

so Eddie.. if you say DD cant enter till later.. dont you think the DD cars will just enter into another class?? I woulda!!
                              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

I really have enjoyed my last 2 years at DW! DD or class cars dosn't matter to me but i really like having separate times to make our runs. It seemed both didn't have to wait in the lines as long and that was good!

Comment

Working...
                                X