The "bitch about 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
    just make sure the eggs are not hard boiled.
    Make mine boiled. Easier to clean up.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
      The big question is why did you need "race" fuel.....lol
      Slow race car

Comment

• Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
        He is sensitive.......I think 20 minutes with me and a bottle of tequila, and I'd have him straightened right out.
        Dude, just for the record, this statement was ripe for a zinger, but I refrained..... this time. It would have been too easy. haha
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• The Outsider on alcohol? . . .

Sort of like . . . .

Historically a bad combo that leads to intolerable obnoxiousness, fighting, vomiting, and LEO contact (not always in that order, BTW)

I'd better stay the "designated driver" . . . everyone will have a better time. Trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbnova View Post
            Slow race car
            Quick! Somebody, please call an ambulance . . . I'm hyperventilating from laughing at such off-the-chain brilliant sarcasm. I'm . . . going . . . to . . . pass Owwwwwww . . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
              Dude, just for the record, this statement was ripe for a zinger, but I refrained..... this time. It would have been too easy. haha
              I also declined to comment.

Comment

• Please make my eggs deviled, and use good mustard. Have to watch my cholesterol.
                used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
                  CHEATER!

I'd turn your ass in but your Drag Week stories are too good to miss!
                  Actually, I was counting on a little more pushback from the letter of the law crowd. I understand that Drag Week is evolving at an alarming rate, and the yesteryears of a vagabond pack of 50-75 participants are firmly in the rearview mirror. Larger fields mean more people vying for the hardware in each class, an invariably some of these will view it as a serious competition, and persue it as such!

I don't go to compete against anyone other than myself, I want to improve on the previous years performance, and I want to enjoy the experience, the comeraderie, and the process of the journey as much as possible. So I'm a live and let live kinda guy, as I approach my 50th birthday I'm at peace with who I am, and how I handle my business, I sleep just fine at night, but if a large group of people ever find themselves using me as thier moral or ethical compass...let's just say I would advise them against it, that's not a burden I wish to embrace!

Outsider,
                  The Camaro in my first example was having bigtime problems, and wasn't in the running in his class at that time. I seriously thought he had dropped out, and was just limping along to get back to the home track. I loaned him tools and bolts on the last day to help him make what I felt was an exhibition run, then later was surprised when I saw him listed as a finisher in the final results. In the end I guess it was more important for him to finish than it was to meet the requirements others felt as necessary. That's his call, not mine.

Is having brothers who share my passion an advantage? Absolutely! An advantage I've had my entire life, and never intend to give up, or apologize for. I would advise anyone who will listen against doing Drag Week solo, it is simply an experience that needs to be shared!

When I see AdvAutoBob running his dad off because he's worried about what a couple of keyboard jockeys might think, I cringe...that's NOT the spirit of Drag Week. It's an event that will make lifetime memories for you and your father, an opportunity that shouldn't be missed! In 2006 we took one entry, a standard cab pickup. My Dad and brother wanted to attend also, so they went in a PT cruiser. They would run 30 minutes to an hour in front or behind us, then we would meet up at the hotel every night, It was awesome to compare notes about the different groups of cars we had ran with, and we had a blast. I told anybody who asked who they were and how we were doing it, and none of the officials had a problem with it.

Comment

• I have 2 brothers.1 who lives in the same town and 1 who lives in Oklahoma(works there not born there)LOL.Im closer to my Ok brother.Hes the one that got me into cars.2011 after 5 years of trying to get him to go(wife had his nuts) he went.2013 will be our 3rd year going.Dave will do what he thinks is best.

Comment

Working...
                    X