No announcement yet.

The "bitch about 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I have called Doc, and even if its against my nature to give anyone something they have not earned, I do think you have earned this. Your theme has been chosen, and you will be getting the second annual Drag Week Jacket we have awarded. Hope you like it as much as Eddie has liked his.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
      I can tell you what I don't like though........Mustangs, LS Motors, all big blocks, soggy sammiches, warm beer, Mike Finnegan, and Jeff McConnell.
      Such hostility Jake.You must be missing not having an engine in your car.I saw it Sunday.It was in a rainbow colored Chevy going in circles at Bristol. IIRC.Im sure that"Jeff" took great care of it for you.Yes,I will be there and in DD and staying at the same Hotel all the cool kids are.LOL. Have cooler and cat litter,will travel.
      Last edited by ksj2; March 21, 2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to it Don, you know I be playin....
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

I hate cars the lift BOTH front tires especially if they have a SBC and are painted red!!

Signed,
          One-wheel Willy
          Last edited by BBR; March 21, 2013, 11:15 AM.
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            I hate cars the lift BOTH front tires especially if they have a SBC and are painted red!!

Signed,
            One-wheel Willy
            Are you really the Pirate from the Goonies?

Comment

There for a minute I thought James signed it "One eyed Willy" LOl

Comment

Every night before I go to bed, I wrestle with the One Eyed Warrior!!!
                Team Clueless
                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                sigpic

Comment

And while you are doing that Jeffs on the phone with you know who.His future ex wife.LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                    every night before i go to bed, i wrestle with the one eyed warrior!!!
                    and in this hand at a height of 1 inch we have the one eyed warrior, and in this hand a margarita

Comment

Dd- a perspective

Folks, last year was our first DW. We have been in drag racing for approx 50 years. We must say this is one of the most unique automotive events ever creted. It is like a season of drag racing, condensed into 5 days. Then at days end, it turns into a road rally, searching for those damm landmarks. Along the way, you make friends and learn a lot. The level of team work is most impressive!

Personally speaking, I enjoy a close race over just fast cars. A bunch of Lambos doesn't impress us; but a group of: shoe boxes, Gassers, and unique cars are most interesting!

You all know the old saying, "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go. Regrettably, not all of us can fund to build an 8 second car. Daily Drivers don't ask for anything; we pay our way; we just want a chance
                      to run, and have some fun!

If you prema-donna's have issues, we suggest you get professional help! Don't let that stress fester!

R, Carl
                      sigpic

Comment

I like all daily drivers except pack mules. That is all.
                        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Amen to that. There were pack mules last year as well as shadow support vehicles, but it's DF's problem, not mine. I still think the route should be published in advance so all the town's could see the parade, even it's a bunch of guys hanging out at 1am in Brinkley, AK.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            Bob, I have called Doc, and even if its against my nature to give anyone something they have not earned, I do think you have earned this. Your theme has been chosen, and you will be getting the second annual Drag Week Jacket we have awarded. Hope you like it as much as Eddie has liked his.
                            Jeff
                            Now that we are such good friends
                            Do u ever Drag Race?
                            If so what class?
                            If no to the above: Do u street drag race(highly illegal, dangerous, u can go to jail and lose your car)

We could have a little Fun.
                            I crew and sponsor this car 3400#, 440 Ci SBC NA
                            I am To old to drive but driver is older than u.
                            WE could meet halfway and Drag Race for a little cash.
                            1 race
                            Don't lift! (u know what happens) keep shifting, u may b ok. it just takes Balls.
                            CB

Comment

I like Clown cars, cars that look like they would only hold 2 people but 5 POP out to work on it at every stop along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                                Amen to that. There were pack mules last year as well as shadow support vehicles, but it's DF's problem, not mine. I still think the route should be published in advance so all the town's could see the parade, even it's a bunch of guys hanging out at 1am in Brinkley, AK.
                                that is quote worthy. Shine on!
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X