• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    Jeff
    Now that we are such good friends
    Do u ever Drag Race?
    If so what class?
    If no to the above: Do u street drag race(highly illegal, dangerous, u can go to jail and lose your car)

We could have a little Fun.
    I crew and sponsor this car 3400#, 440 Ci SBC NA
    I am To old to drive but driver is older than u.
    WE could meet halfway and Drag Race for a little cash.
    1 race
    Don't lift! (u know what happens) keep shifting, u may b ok. it just takes Balls.
    CB
    Nope I don't Bob, I am not a huge Ego guy that needs to Drive, hell I will let Doc drive most of the time. I used to have a man pedal Mustang that was well known on the street around here. I Used to build cars, helped Doc a little along the way. I help some of the faster X275 guys right now, 1 Ultra car and a couple others. Also a couple that go on Drag Week, they can all tell you who they are if they want too. Its not that I cant drive, I like building the stuff way better and tuning hard to tune from in the car.

As far as my wheelie is concerned your guy would not have saved anything more than me. The car has been within a 1 inch of where it was. I did shift, the rear tires where off the ground over 8000 RPM in 2nd ( I have no rev limiter), if I hit third it would have dropped just the same or close. I was not going to loose a motor over it, or as you can see if you bother to look, it was heading to the left.

I am fine with racing your guy, we can both drive to the middle along Drag Week he does not have to be entered to follow the same route, we can even heads up race all week just for you, put your balls where your mouth is Big Boy! Do I get a Jacket?
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; March 21, 2013, 01:43 PM.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Bob, do you power tour? Do you know a guy with a purple 68 convertable named Dave?
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
        Amen to that. There were pack mules last year as well as shadow support vehicles, but it's DF's problem, not mine.
        I must have been too fatigued to notice. haha We had one dude who was friends with a few guys in our group tagging along in his truck, and I told him MULTIPLE times to keep his distance and to NOT touch anyone's car under any circumstances.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

If you're in school and cheat on a test.. big deal...
          if you cheat on you're wife.. you're a dick...
          if you cheat in drag week.. you should be shot!!
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
            If you're in school and cheat on a test.. big deal...
            if you cheat on you're wife.. you're a dick...
            if you cheat in drag week.. you should be beaten with broken parts!
            fixed it for ya ;)
            DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
            DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
            DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
            DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Buy Kyle's first Drag Week DVD, and see the cheater caught in Action, Loading his car between tracks
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

No Mule Here! I don't drive from Calif to cheat at DragWeek. But, I will tow any fellow DragWeek competitor to safety and will loan them anything I carry in the truck that may help them finish the week. We've heard of cheating while on DragWeek but have never seen it.

My son and I wait all year for DragWeek, it's our guy's vacation without Mom and the sisters...
                See you all in September Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Sweede, Was wondering if you got in. I plan on wringing out the old green boat. Got new go faster parts and want to test them, so I might just need a pull to safety.

I also plan on bringing any parts I have around, but someone would have to be in a world of hurt to want my e-bay junk.
                  See ya crazies in Sept.
                  Last edited by greenXpress; March 21, 2013, 02:44 PM.
                  Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Yes, we're in at #2117, trying to ready our '40 Coupe for DW13, our B-plan is the truck.
                    Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                    DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                      HR needs to limit the DD cars initially to maybe 32 for a few months, THEN after all other classes have had a chance to fill up, open it back up for the DD cars.. I know more then a handful of VERY unique, VERY fast cars, including one extremely fast Unlimited car that got squeezed out, and with about 40% of the field being DD cars, it's a fact that those cars squeezed these other unique cars out, cars that would be very exciting for HR magazine readers to read about, and lets face it, the event is about magazine stories of very cool, unique cars, AND now a TV show..

I have NO hate towards the DD class, but when 12 second fox bodies push out potential 6/7/8/9 second street cars, in the first few hours of registration, my opinion is, it actually hurts the event, not help it.
                      Another viewpoint:

Few expected DW '13 to sell out so quickly.

The DW vets and drag strip "rail birds" say there's not really a good way of creating more slots without seriously compromising the laid-back, community feel of the event.

For the past two years, DW has required winter-time vigilance and a bit of waiting-list patience for most competitors to get in.

Many expansion alternatives have likely been discussed and rejected, such as:

--making the DW "show" an invitational,
                      --assigning some of the DW slots by lottery,
                      --raising the minimum E.T. for DW participation,
                      --splitting the event into two events -- Eastern and Western Drag Weeks, or even
                      --starting multiple groups of competitors at different "home" tracks in a round-robin format (everyone still visits every track during the week, but run groups/classes are on different days).
                      Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/70/9388781/...#ixzz2ODWWt952

Obviously, as a DW competitor who ran one of those passe' occasionally 12-second Mustangs last year (and which triggered the win light in the other lane when Luke's Boss Mav sadly blew up), I'm not a big fan of excluding the DDs so that more "class cars" can enter.

(Not trolling . . . just a friendly difference of opinion).

Comment

I'm gonna guess the 40 Coupe will be trailered out, or are you sticking to the full drive plan, Mike?
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

dd class biggest and then more of a battle.

hi . last year i signed in for modi/poweradder, as it was a heads up class though i would only be able to run low11s/high 10s ,i only run heads up in england. there were only 7or 8 cars in the class,and i would of finnished in top 4.but moved to dd as more cars so that mean greater battle ,top 32 was harder odds than top 4 in mod/poweradder so to make top 20 thats like finished in top 3 or better. don't forget dd carry lots of parts to save the quicker classes LIKE(water tape zip ties REALRACE CAR PARTS THE QUICK BOY FORGOT) ,and go to pepboys when they need us.

Comment

I've always been under the impression that the Car's HAD to be self supporting. I thought this was to separate the fast Street cars that can stay together from the race cars with .800"+ lift cams that eat valvetrains. I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers here but if your car can't make the loop without munching a lifter, or spring, or wiping a lobe then you should run a milder grind. Same with compression ratios if your engine can't run on pump gas between tracks then you shouldn't be on the Drag Week "tour".

I think the legitimate complaints about the daily driver class is some are there "supporting" other cars and some are not exceptionally unique. I've been to Tulsa as a spectator the last two years. There are a lot of very unique cars in the Daily Driver classes. If there isn't some screening and a cap put on the Daily Drivers this will turn into another Power Tour. If you have a 1" lift cam and don't mind replacing parts that's fine but you should HAVE to carry all the parts and tools with you. Now if someone drives through a pot hole and breaks an a-arm and borrows a welder to fix it on the side of the road that's an accident and totally acceptable to get outside help fixing it.

I don't have a problem with people helping each other but if your race car won't stay together on the street you had better have spare parts in your car and the tools to change them in your car. Pack muling is CHEATING!

Comment

Deuce, what you're saying is the rules.. you have to carry you're own parts, tools.. unless it's an unforeseen thing..

Awesome build by the way on the bullet..
                              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Slower class cars have just as much potential to be a mule as a DD.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X