The "bitch about 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    I think Randal is really a mule. Who the hell knows what all he has crammed in the trunk of that Buick!!!!

lol j/k
    He had a friggin awning he pulled out when the down pour hit us on the way to Tulsa. That Trunk is like Magic Purse it has everything in it
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
      I never really thought about it until this thread, but I sure hope I didnt cause any stress when we stopped to offer any help we could to "See Red" several years ago. we didnt do anything more than put my car back down the road a few feet with the hazard lights flashing, and offer to hold the flashlights. that stretch of road was stupid dark, "See Red" was having some sort of electrical issue.

I wasn't a participant, my buddy and I were just following along for 2 days. we got separated from the group we were following(my Kia just didn't keep up with those guys!!! ) and saw cars on the side of the road, so we stopped.
      I don't think so, lets be Clear at least for me, what I call a "Mule" are well planned help along the whole way. I remember it well in 07, We kept taking the spare Battery out of my car, it was my year to be Docs Mule, and thanks to the 30 cars that offered us help.

The spontaneous help, like last year for the Pontiwacker valve train issues, where the UPS guy even showed up, is just Drag Week at its finest.
      Last edited by JeffMcKC; March 22, 2013, 06:35 AM.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        He had a friggin awning he pulled out when the down pour hit us on the way to Tulsa. That Trunk is like Magic Purse it has everything in it
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
          Have become good friends with Jeff Lutz. Last year we drove the routes together, along with Bob and John, but did not help work on the '57 like I have in the past. When they swapped out lifters behind a Waffle House in Memphis, Bob and Finnegan helped work on the car, while I just made fun of Mike with the camera crew. I wanted to help, as did Jerry, my co pilot, and friend of Jeffs. We did not want anyone to think we were Mules. I am sure there were suspicions of of it.
          I see "Mules" as being ones set up in advance to keep a car on the road. I will stop and help anyone with a DW sticker no matter what they are running. After a late start last year, I blew past Joe Berry outside of Muskogee and have kicked myself ever since. He had a film crew there and another racer but I should have at least seen if they needed anything. I would love to get to actually use the hotel rooms I pay for, but would like to see everyone in the next town more.

As for Jeff Lutz, I think he is one class act. Anyone who would take time to set up a welder to repair a wacky exhaust manifold TWICE is tops in my books.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
            Im a mule. I admit it.Anyone knows that if they need a beer at the hotel to go to my car.I'll quit being a mule.
            When I can get a cup of coffee (with cream & sugar) from you, then you will be a mule.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Coffee and Sammiches are Jakes deal.Im just a beertender.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                I think Randal is really a mule. Who the hell knows what all he has crammed in the trunk of that Buick!!!!

lol j/k

EVERYTHING in my trunk is on display at every track, sitting right next to where I pit And Buick stuff hardly fits anything else! I debated bringing that awning, but it really is the easiest thing to pack as it sits right on top of everything else. I'd like to leave the tires in someones trailer as they are the toughest thing to pack, but I worry about getting a flat with the drag radials and I don't want to run one DR and one standard radial.
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; March 22, 2013, 07:26 AM.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ok, I have never thought into this part of DW before either.......

So this is my first year, my car is a pretty mild combination that I cruise, race, and enjoy as a nice day family car. So it's nothing extreme with power. So if I see someone broke or needing assistance and I stop, and help turn wrenches or offer a needed part, is that considered cheating with possible risk of getting the other or myself kicked out? I would never leave someone of the side of the road, and enjoy helping out to get cars back together and running, but want to know when is crossing the line.....
                  -Bobby-

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to stop, go ahead and stop. It's when pre-planned stuff happens you get in trouble. If at every track you are changing the oil or pulling the plugs on someone elses car, that get's a little suspicious.

Comment

did they plan for you to be there to run valves or jet the carb or just happen to drive up with a set of roller lifters for a SBC when you are driving a Ford? That's a mule.

I love this forum. We will derail anything. Sadly, I can't re-title it... ah, and for the record, I don't feel victimized at all. I figured if everyone got all this shit off their chest before game day...

or I'm a drama whore.

or .. and this is probably it ... Jake forgot sammiches and beer.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Sammiches are Ms. Vicki's deal.......
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

If a DD car makes 1 pass a day you maybe a Mule.
                          Okay McColumbo, you shamed it out of me . . . .

My ~ 37 passes at DW '12 (a couple of which didn't totally suck) were just a slick cover story for being a mule . . . .

(or is that an "ass" . . . Maybe I'm getting those two confused . . . Never mind)

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                            Sammiches are Ms. Vicki's deal.......
                            If you wont makes sammiches why do we let you come and play?Thats right. Tequila.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              did they plan for you to be there to run valves or jet the carb or just happen to drive up with a set of roller lifters for a SBC when you are driving a Ford? That's a mule.

I love this forum. We will derail anything. Sadly, I can't re-title it... ah, and for the record, I don't feel victimized at all. I figured if everyone got all this shit off their chest before game day...

or I'm a drama whore.

or .. and this is probably it ... Jake forgot sammiches and beer.
                              Dale(Quick52) and myself will be running together and yes if he breaks down
                              on the side of the road I WILL stop and add any assistance I can... he runs a
                              BBF and I run a SBM so there is NOTHING on his truck that would fit my little
                              truck and visa-versa ... at the track he does his thing and I do mine but we do
                              BS together all the time so I will assume we pit next to each other.... I dont mule
                              for anyone but if I have a part someone needs(on the road or the track) I will
                              gladly give it out...... I just wanted to put this out there right now

Comment

I'm pretty sure we are all likewise. I loaned my coolant pressure tester to Shawn, we pulled over when we saw some folks on the side of the road and Jeff had an air compressor on his trailer that helped them out, and one that surprised me was Jeff bolting on a mopar rocker when he broke one. It was the wrong ratio, but it fit and did the job, and definitely wasn't planned!

Comment

Working...
                                X