The "bitch about 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "bitch about 97 daily drivers taking up spots" thread

every year ... might as well have a thread for it so we can keep from contaminating everything else.

Hi, I'm Beagle. I registered in Daily Driver. I will want to plant the gas on the last yellow. I probably took your spot. Your car is probably faster than mine. Fire away.
    Last edited by Beagle; March 21, 2013, 07:15 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Real bracket racers leave on the last yellow ... LOL .... on the wait list to take a DD spot away from a heads up guy.

Don't be a hater!...
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I am DD so when I break down and dont make it, no one will miss me.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Maybe it should be the "Bitch about 97 Daily Driver's that were actually serious enough about going that they were paying attention to when registration opened" thread. Or "BA97DDTWASEAGTTWPATWRO" for short.

Last edited by BBR; March 21, 2013, 07:22 AM.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
          I am DD so when I break down and dont make it, no one will miss me.
          Just don't break down.
          You'll be missed, I was planning on doing more visiting and less thrashing this year.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Eh .... I purposely drug my feet, on the wait list so I didn't take a slot from someone that will show ... it's doubtful that I'd make it anyway.

Comment

Not sure why the DD class is such a target. I was on the first DW in 05 and have only missed one(09) since. This BS about 97 guys who want the challenge of DW but don't have a 8 sec car so they should not be there is going against the spirit of DW. It needs to stop. No reason for it. It's not yellow bullit week.... The first year I was entered in DD with a 12 sec mustang. When Carl Scott toasted all of the pistons in his BBC I drove up to Louisville to get him new pistons(at a high rate of speed) Others stayed and helped him redo the engine.He won the event because we all helped. That's what DW is about, not the "I am better because my car is faster" crap. I admire the time and money it takes to make a 6,7 or 8 sec car but don't look down on me because I am not able to.. That is all.
              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                Not sure why the DD class is such a target. I was on the first DW in 05 and have only missed one(09) since. This BS about 97 guys who want the challenge of DW but don't have a 8 sec car so they should not be there is going against the spirit of DW. It needs to stop. No reason for it. It's not yellow bullit week.... The first year I was entered in DD with a 12 sec mustang. When Carl Scott toasted all of the pistons in his BBC I drove up to Louisville to get him new pistons(at a high rate of speed) Others stayed and helped him redo the engine.He won the event because we all helped. That's what DW is about, not the "I am better because my car is faster" crap. I admire the time and money it takes to make a 6,7 or 8 sec car but don't look down on me because I am not able to.. That is all.
                I didn't intend to be an 8 second car but Eddie said I was slow in a soft class so I leaned on it. I love the daily driver class but am not a polished bracket racer. I was excited about Rick Fox's 9.0 second shoot out for a charity but it never materialized due to the weather. 97 DD means 153 class cars enrolled!
                HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Seems like the DD guys are the ones doing all the bitching. I for one don't give a shit what class the car is in. If it is a cool car, then I like it. If the dude is cool, than I like him.

Somebody get me a beer!!!
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

I can tell you what I don't like though........Mustangs, LS Motors, all big blocks, soggy sammiches, warm beer, Mike Finnegan, and Jeff McConnell.
                    Team Clueless
                    1st Place SB/NA DW12
                    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                    sigpic

Comment

Me thinks Beag's started this as a tongue-in-cheek thread. And I agree 110% w/you Paul.

Comment

I did....

Jake, are you too old for Jeff now?

for what it's worth, if you will drink that beer faster it won't get warm and sweat all over your sammich.
                        Last edited by Beagle; March 21, 2013, 07:52 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Good point..........Mustangs, Ls Motors, Mike Finnegan, and Jeff McConnell are all still Gay!!!
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Warm beer is alcohol abuse, or poor planning, red chevelles are ghey, and Jeff is way too big to be calling names - Jake - I hope you can run fast - LOL.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                              Good point..........Mustangs, Ls Motors, Mike Finnegan, and Jeff McConnell are all still Gay!!!
                              Good thing big blocks were removed from that list :D
                              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X