No announcement yet.

What converter do you run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuneup was exactly the same? That is impressive....
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Lenny has done a good job with my LSX to c4 deal. I had a coan with the ford motor and it was also good. Lenny does alot of converters and works in the the shop every day.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

Good info Gents...
        sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Originally posted by todd1955 View Post
          Call Lane at PTC 256.383.6868, results speak for themselves fastest drag radial car at 4.19 1/8 mile (Steve Jackson), multi time world champion Bruno Mansel both right in your alley with the turbos, no joke they will hook u up
          PTC customer service is great don't known if there what your looking for but do known they will make it right if it isn't.
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

PTC is in Alabama and the owner is a MOPAR man!!! A lot of turbo guys use PTC.....and if I EVER get my engine I am going with a PTC.

Comment

I've heard many good things about Lenny at Ultimate. He seems to be good at building converters for boosted motors. I went with Hughes Performance for my Dart. I haven't hit it hard at a track yet though, so can't say how it will hold up.
              ~Alain~
              A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
              "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Does anyone run a Transmission Specialties converter with a turbo setup? I'm running their 8" spragless with good results... as well as other local guys that are faster than me. We're all nitrous guys though.
                '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Not me Sir, but I'm procharged anyways. Doing an upgrade to my Chance converter and we should be good...
                  sigpic

Comment

Chance will work with you. Nothing wrong with them, they all break and it may take a few returns to dial it in. I would make sure they told me the cause of the failure.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by GTA91 View Post
                      Does anyone run a Transmission Specialties converter with a turbo setup? I'm running their 8" spragless with good results... as well as other local guys that are faster than me. We're all nitrous guys though.
                      I have one but with the sprag.. its a older unit.... it was way to loose for my
                      N/A set up... but I still have it

Comment

Has anyone heard of freak show converter in texas

Comment

First time hearing about them....
                          sigpic

Comment

what I hear is that they were working for Art Carr and went they shut down he bought the equipment... talk to them about a billet converter that is a Art Carr that nobody seems to be able to fix the lockup... its been to PTC ,Vortec and both say it looks great but the lockup doesn't work... Freak show said that he built that converter and should be able to repair it

Comment

Good to know...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X