What converter do you run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What converter do you run?

3 and a half less then moderate passes and my converter fails me. Look for converter recommendation ASAP. Not happy with my Chance Converter nor the feed back I got when we told him what happen. Oh well, on to the next one.
    sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Originally posted by DusterDj View Post
    3 and a half less then moderate passes and my converter fails me. Look for converter recommendation ASAP. Not happy with my Chance Converter nor the feed back I got when we told him what happen. Oh well, on to the next one.
    DJ I would recommend ProTorque

Comment

Call Chris at Circle D Specialities in Houston, TX , his billet multi disk pro converter works flawless for us however; we're not pumping the HP you are capable of, let him know what you have and what you need, he will give you an honest answer...

See you in September Hardy Handshakes - Swede
      DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
        DJ I would recommend ProTorque
        X2 in your application!

Comment

Thanks Gents. I'm scouring the internet as we speak...
          sigpic

Comment

Seems like it was a Chance trans that the Aussies grenaded the Saturday nite before drag week last year. They were not happy with the situation .

With your horsepower , a Pro Torque converter and a Rossler trans is what u need! Ask Jeff Lutz.
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I have the 210 XHD, just need a converter to compliment it. I'll be calling Joe @ Pro Torque tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

If you where N/A then I would say A-1 or Coan. I always suggest looking at who runs the style car that you do and lots of X275 cars run Joes stuff.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Thanks,

Going to holler at Joe today...
                  sigpic

Comment

I would also talk with Lenny at Ultimate Converters he might even be my first choice

Ultimate Converter Concepts produces the finest, most durable, high performance custom torque converters for drag racing and enthusiasts.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Call Lane at PTC 256.383.6868, results speak for themselves fastest drag radial car at 4.19 1/8 mile (Steve Jackson), multi time world champion Bruno Mansel both right in your alley with the turbos, no joke they will hook u up

Comment

Thanks for all the references gents. I'm exploring all my options as we speak...
                        sigpic

Comment

I use a black one.

And before it, I had a blue one.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by todd1955 View Post
                            Call Lane at PTC 256.383.6868, results speak for themselves fastest drag radial car at 4.19 1/8 mile (Steve Jackson), multi time world champion Bruno Mansel both right in your alley with the turbos, no joke they will hook u up
                            Definately not knocking Steve at all cause that thing hauls ass!!! But wouldn't you have to agree the radial stuff is more a game of power management than it is of nailing the converter?

Also not knocking Lenny, he seems to definately have a strong following on YB.COM. So he must be good or those guys would chew him up.

Me personally I run a Coan billet aluminum stator deal, and couldn't be happier. But I don't have to kill any power at the hit.
                            Team Clueless
                            1st Place SB/NA DW12
                            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                            sigpic

Comment

The day Jackson went 4.19 they changed nothing but converters laid baseline with someone else's changed to PTC picked up a bunch

Comment

Working...
                              X