Solid Roller Guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
    What did you think of my new rockers on YB.COM Tony?
    Well, Im not sure if you are really using them, I mean what will you do in the parking lot now waiting for us slow pokes, just drink beers wishing you could adjust them? haha
    Last edited by tsanchez; April 24, 2013, 01:48 PM.
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• File lash caps and shims to get lash......
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

• when talking about springs has anyone tried the springless system that is out Decuir engine technologies
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• [QUOTE=lun40119;759629]You need to have a "windowed" block.....cylinder needs to be sealed from oil, and the lazers sit in the cylinder looking up at the valve.

Great, anyone got a windowed 10.7 deck .400 raised cam BBC I could borrow or buy?

Comment

• I'm also running the coated 2.40" Ti intake valve on a ductile iron seat. Everything looks good so far....

As far as useful life the trophy trucks my build is modeled after get a season maybe two on theirs in a way more violent environment than our street miles drag week situation.

X2 on the pushrods, to get to .5" I'd have to have dual taper to clear the lifter tie bar and the roller body so it's been .120 7/16's to date.

I'm glad I'm not into the racy stuff like Jake, too much $$$$, not enough left for beer.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Wait til you see what I am working on now........if you thought that was "racy".........
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rat Infested;760338]
                Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                You need to have a "windowed" block.....cylinder needs to be sealed from oil, and the lazers sit in the cylinder looking up at the valve.

Great, anyone got a windowed 10.7 deck .400 raised cam BBC I could borrow or buy?
                Look up those in your area that do spintron testing, they should have a block ready to drop you valvetrain and heads on to do the testing.
                -Bobby-

Comment

• Mike, I'm going to run 3/8" pushrods 1/8" wall, which by my figuring leaves 1/8" oil hole. Is that the same wall as yours and do you think it restricts oil flow? Also running TD's steel with .040 spring oilers. Drilled restricters from .020 to .050. Thoughts?
                  First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                  Second place SSBBNA 2016
                  Third place SSBBNA 2017
                  Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                  All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
                    Mike, I'm going to run 3/8" pushrods 1/8" wall, which by my figuring leaves 1/8" oil hole. Is that the same wall as yours and do you think it restricts oil flow? Also running TD's steel with .040 spring oilers. Drilled restricters from .020 to .050. Thoughts?
                    I'm running .030 restriction in my skinny sticks.. the rockers dont need much oiling
                    but the springs need oil to help remove heat.... I'll see if the springs have enough
                    oil for cooling this summer.. if I need I will add spray bars but I dont think its gonna
                    be needed from when I had the covers off when it was running.... JMO
                    Last edited by MR P-BODY; April 25, 2013, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• That's what I'm triing to do is cool the springs more along with getting the coil bind issue fixed. Engine oil cooler too.
                      First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                      Second place SSBBNA 2016
                      Third place SSBBNA 2017
                      Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                      All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

That's what I'm triing to do is cool the springs more along with getting the coil bind issue fixed. Engine oil cooler too.
                        I'm trying to stay away from running a cooler but I have a LARGE oil system.. I
                        have a 10 qt pan that I made but I hold it 1 qt short and I have a remote mounted
                        filter with about 6' of #8 line (3' going to and from the filter) and the filter is in air flow
                        but again testing will tell

Comment

That's what I'm triing to do is cool the springs more along with getting the coil bind issue fixed. Engine oil cooler too.
                          I run an oil cooler on mine, But then my blocks are filled half way. The oil temp has never been over 220 F. So far the spring oilers from the rockers has keep the springs good. I have changed spring twice since 2006, and the spring I took off still check out withen 10 psi of the specs on seat and open.

Comment

• I just put a cooler on mine. I never saw much over 205 without it last summer. pulling a load up some hills I am not sure what it would do so I put one on. I have about a 8.5 quart system now.

Tim
                            86 Mustang
                            454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

• I'm incorporating a cooler into my build (was the plan from Day 1). I figure the extra weight is offset by additional oil capacity, plus the obvious benefit of the cooler itself. I'm plumbing it with -12AN lines though
                              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X