• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll find out this summer... its a total new build... I run a Wix
    filter and 20w50 dino for now... might check the syn out

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      I change mine after 4,000 miles round trip, lol. But I'm running a hydraulic roller.

same here
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

.860+ lift camshaft and cruise rpms in the 4000-4200 rpm range dictate my oil changes.....

Wix 51060R filter for me.......new one everyday.

Jeff........201 at .200.
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

We run Valvoline vr1 20w50 and we don't change the oil during the week.
          Drag Week 2009 winner BB/NA
          Drag Week 2010 second BB/NA
          Drag week 2011 Winner Modified/NA
          Drag week 2012 Winner SS BB/NA

Comment

does the oil break down that soon or is it dirty changing every day
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
              Dont you usually carrry a 55 gallon drum of 90 wt for your motor!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                Like I said we are cutting filters to look for issues, Its easy to dump while your there, I don't think we are over heating it to much because the water temp is never over 190* even last year. Oil is cheap.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
                  Dont you usually carrry a 55 gallon drum of 90 wt for your motor!!!!!!!!!!
                  its not a mopar remember FORD
                  Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                  Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Good info, thanks fellas. I plan on running brad pen oil in the new motor, and was thinking i should change it every day just to be safe. Ive always run either Wix or napa gold filters(wix copy from what i understand), so ill keep doing that.

On another note...I'm Glad i have overdrive!
                    -Jeff
                    Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                    I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

VR-1 10/30 with a Mobil 1 oil filter.

Comment

Mobil 1 or Lucas full synthetic, change for Monday morning, check filter daily (system1) changed again for Saturday, oil still clean good color why change it?
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'm not fanatical about changing oil, no reason to be.. I have ran Valvoline VR1 50W for a while, also add extra Zinc Dialkyl Dithio Phosphate, (ZDDP) to help save roller lifters, and other high load parts.. I don't get into all the fancy, high dollar oils of the month.. Synthetics don't absorb heat outta springs and such as well as dino oils do, and I've NEVER had a spring problem in over 6 years, so I'll keep on keeping on.. ;-)

Comment

Interesting that dino oil would cool better than synthetic. I'm sticking with my synthectic and the slightly longer change interval. I have yet to catch a dying roller lifter quick enough depite my paranoia and 'quiet so I can hear the valve train noises" exhuast system. The System 1 filter makes inspections easy and I brought a complete spare just in case and swapped cartridges at the first change. I had a spare Wix in case it needed another complete change but I didn't use it. I also run high quality Earl's Setrab style oil cooler so oil temps aren't an issue and we let a fair amount of oil get to the top end. but we've controlled the return to hold down windage. System holds 9.5 quarts total.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

what lifters do yall run

from what i understand the bushed lifters last better right?

I'm building a 61 galaxie with a 482 stroked side oiler and i'm trying to figure out what lifters i should run to put some miles on it but sill make that power....

(she's getting turboed once i get used to the 650 hp 9:1 setup)

Comment

Not an FE, a 460 based motor, but I'm running .904" Isky EZ roll stage 2 in bushed lifter bores. Wheel is .810 and wider vs. .750 on standard Ford roller. Bushing allows you to really square up lifter bore and better control flow to the lifter. You likely know this, but there is some very good DW specific FE stuff on FE Power.com, Jay Brown's site.

Comment

Working...
                                X