Any body running new M/T pro radial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body running new M/T pro radial?

After finding that the 325-60-15's I bought for my Mustang will not fit I am looking at the new M/T radial pro. They look like they would be way harry in the rain, so I then thought I may change tires for the track and the drive. If I were to do that I may as well just run slicks's. Any thoughts?

not fit? hammer time!!!!
    used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Paul... it aint a Jeep.....
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

paul is right ,Its hammer time ,Its only a ford.

Comment

They are DOT but Not for the Street its just to be able to run them on the track, I think I saw Tim "Dime Man" with the Pinto running them last year on the Street.

I had Slimbo and Brian Rock put them on, Slimbo,, well,, its got his Picture all over the net now. I will be using them this Year but not for the drives.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Ive driven them on the street quite a bit. No different than the original MT radial when its dry. I've never used them in the rain but i assume it wouldnt be too much fun.
            -Jeff
            Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
            I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

They do work well, Brian knocked all the teeth of the pinion in his 12 bolt last weekend at Famoso after about 20 consecutive wheels up 1.3x launches. Car was brutally consistent with the new shoes. Got R/U NMCA True Street at that event before pinion sheared in NSC class.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I've been 1.29 60 foot with them @3850 pds. Deadly consistent and fine on the street as long as its dry.
                "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Thought the sticker on the door said 3550 when I looked.Im blaming beer.LOL

Comment

Lol...yeah don.
                    "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

I wonder how they would work with a stick box car, compared a stiff sidewall slick.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                        I wonder how they would work with a stick box car, compared a stiff sidewall slick.
                        They are the next best thing to a stiff wall, but, they still dont work anywhere near as well. You would have to slip the clutch for most of first gear, and have excellent track prep to get them to hook.

I used them for a few passes last year, and swapped the slicks back on it.
                        -Jeff
                        Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                        I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Even that Radial is not going to like a stick in front of it.
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                          X