• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Bob get Doc's password?? ROFLMAO
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by whichdoctor View Post
      One of the few things about drag week that I dont like is the continuing one-off building of custom "street cars" to come and compete when I thought it was supposed to be about your good ol' car you have had for your car hobby enjoyment that you brought and hope you brought enough.
      Gee Doc, that's seems like about 80 percent of the field to us "fillers" down in DD. BTW, is it a "one-off . . .custom 'street car'" if it's assembled out of junk nobody with a lick of sense would touch?
      Last edited by 38P; May 13, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

One of the few things about drag week that I dont like is the continuing one-off building of custom "street cars" to come and compete when I thought it was supposed to be about your good ol' car you have had for your car hobby enjoyment that you brought and hope you brought enough.
        I drove my wife to our wedding in my junk......funny watching her get into the 8.50 cage with her wedding dress on....

Bought the car when I was 18.....32 now.
        Last edited by lun40119; May 13, 2013, 01:29 PM.
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

Whether you agree or not, my car has ALWAYS been a street car to me before it was anything else.. Drag Week has a class for everyone, and plenty of "hobby" racers, and guys with pure street muscle cars come out, and have a great time, for instance, look at all the worn out, slow, old Mustangs show up.. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
            I drove my wife to our wedding in my junk.
            Somehow the words in that sentence were rearranged when I first read it . . . . 8)

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
              Whether you agree or not, my car has ALWAYS been a street car to me before it was anything else.. Drag Week has a class for everyone, and plenty of "hobby" racers, and guys with pure street muscle cars come out, and have a great time, for instance, look at all the BRAND NEW, slow, NEW Mustangs show up.. Lol
              Fixed it.

Comment

. . .my junk . . .
                I'm having a real hard time thinking of a wheelstanding '60s Chevelle that revs like a NASCAR mill as "junk."

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                  I'm having a real hard time thinking of a wheelstanding '60s Chevelle that revs like a NASCAR mill as "junk."
                  If you looked at the underside of my car really closely, you would see it isn't very nice. I mean, I love the car, and it is "mine"......but it has 2 trunk floors.......1/4's doors, fenders, inner and outer rockers, inner and outer wheel tubs, have all been replaced and the frame has been fixed a hundred times.

I was an 18 year old kid that got a big stiffy when I saw it and had to have it. Oh well, live and learn, we are stuck together now.
                  Last edited by lun40119; May 13, 2013, 01:57 PM.
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

If you looked at the underside of my car really closely, you would see it isn't very nice. I mean, I love the car, and it is "mine"......but it has 2 trunk floors.......1/4's doors, fenders, inner and outer rockers, inner and outer wheel tubs, have all been replaced and the frame has been fixed a hundred times.
                    That's "rust free" in the Badger State . . . .

Comment

And as far as HP......McConnell is the king of the small blocks. I mean.........look at the two........I am clearly outclassed in the HP department.

My 402, cast manifold single carb 23 degree junk...

McConnells 427" sheetmetal intake, twin dominator throttle bodies, coil on plug, fuel injected 15 degree Monster!!!
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                        That's "rust free" in the Badger State . . . .

You know it.......
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                          for instance, look at all the worn out, slow, old Mustangs show up.. Lol
                          I think there was only 1 worn out, slow, old Mustang last year so that "all" was just lonesome me. And yes, I did have a great time.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

lol
                            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

"Junk" is apparently a relative term

You SBC boys must live on the Riviera if that's "junk" . . . .

By way of reference, Mike Sitar's internet legend Thunderbird . . . that's was junk (brilliant, uber-Bangshifty junk, IMHO . . . but worth less than just the fuel system on one of the serious DW "class" SBCs)

I say, if it's running single digit E.T.s (~5 lbs. per horsepower or less) it's not junk.

Comment

the truth is, not counting today, there is 117 days left......
                                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X