• Show
Clear All

• HBZ_81_C3
    replied
    Unload all of the crap out of the car.

Leave a comment:

• gray86hatch
    replied
    Tires front and rear. unload the junk out of the car.

Load the tune up baised on the conditions of the day and set the shocks

Tim

Leave a comment:

• 632STANG
    replied
    We change coil overs so we have a heavier spring in the rear for street driving. We also change tires.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Whalen
    replied
    unload the trunk.

Leave a comment:

• ProCharged509
    replied
    Swap the rear tires
    Soften the shocks
    Swap the fuel

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by v869tr6 View Post
    Since a 8.50 chassis car has little chance in unlimited, I plan to change to slicks at the tracks and leave the trans brake off till the last day.
    Never know. The heavier hitters may take themselves out beating each other up.

After Larry and Jeff the average was above 8.5 and 4th was a 9.8.

Likewise with my uncaged car in BB street race. 4th place was the first one over the 11.5 mark.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; May 18, 2013, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• v869tr6
    replied
    Since a 8.50 chassis car has little chance in unlimited, I plan to change to slicks at the tracks and leave the trans brake off till the last day.

Leave a comment:

• AdvAutoBob
    replied
    Sealed windows was a rare factory option on 2nd gen F-bodies (as I know too well!)

Leave a comment:

• 79camaro
    replied
    Seal the front windows ..... hell seal all the windows I get wetter inside then outside!

Leave a comment:

• Rat Infested
    replied
    Doc you did'nt need 2 lengths, but it sure did make a great video of your car. I was laughing the whole time thinking yup this is gonna look great....and it does.
    Thanks for letting us be a part of your shoot, that is some of the best video we have.
    Last edited by Rat Infested; May 17, 2013, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• drilr
    replied
    Originally posted by Rat Infested View Post
    Lightly rubbed Brodix BB2's Ti Intakes, very plain motor. Out of the box Holley 1250 on Brodix cast intake. Ebay Ti valves, Manley .250 long rods and old but brand new Lunati pistons all for under $ 1000 bucks total, bought those parts on a cold winter weekend back in 2008. Motor had excellent high quality machining and was not thrown together, just some parts well bought.

Check out Doc Fox red lighting us starting at the 5:00min mark in this clip;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EdrACyNAQ

That was with claped out rear shocks and no anti-roll bar in the rear.
    Red light???? Now you tell me... I thought we were at pinks and you gave me two lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rat Infested
    replied
    Lightly rubbed Brodix BB2's Ti Intakes, very plain motor. Out of the box Holley 1250 on Brodix cast intake. Ebay Ti valves, Manley .250 long rods and old but brand new Lunati pistons all for under $ 1000 bucks total, bought those parts on a cold winter weekend back in 2008. Motor had excellent high quality machining and was not thrown together, just some parts well bought.

Check out Doc Fox red lighting us starting at the 5:00min mark in this clip;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EdrACyNAQ

That was with claped out rear shocks and no anti-roll bar in the rear.
    Last edited by Rat Infested; May 16, 2013, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Orange65
    replied
    Originally posted by Rat Infested View Post
    When we ran the 55, we would swap tires and fuel from pump gas 91 to Q16(thats all we had and we were tuned for it) and knocked a little timing out for the street to 32-34 deg.

This was with a Big Shot Plate NOS 468 BBC 12.5 to 1 making close to 1100 hp running 8.91 154 for the week average.

Same thing with the 598 we now have, just have never made by day 2 without killing a roller lifter or worse.

Change your oil every day before you run.
    What heads did you run on the 468?

Leave a comment:

• Rat Infested
    replied
    When we ran the 55, we would swap tires and fuel from pump gas 91 to Q16(thats all we had and we were tuned for it) and knocked a little timing out for the street to 32-34 deg.

This was with a Big Shot Plate NOS 468 BBC 12.5 to 1 making close to 1050 hp running 8.91 154 for the week average.

Same thing with the 598 we now have, just have never made by day 2 without killing a roller lifter or worse.

Change your oil every day before you run.
    Last edited by Rat Infested; May 17, 2013, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I didn't do much. At track: Change tires, remove air filter, unhook vacuum advance, pull evacs and put in regular vc breathers, head to the lanes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X