Pseudo Dragweek- idea for a Road Kill episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseudo Dragweek- idea for a Road Kill episode

I decided to post this here because of the readership- drag week enthusiasts. Over on the bullet is a thread regarding Andy Frost's Red Victor being the fastest street car in the world- 6.50 or something like that. The ensuing argument about that is it a real street car and that it should do Drag Week. You might remember that last year Hot Rod's Facebook page had a conversation between a staffer and either Andy Frost or one of his crew about him coming to DW. The argument is it cost too much $$ (somebody forgot to tell Wacky Mick). Anyway, I got to thinking that the argument centers around the idea that RV is a street car. How about a Road Kill episode where the hosts go to England and spend part if not all of the week with RV and Frost in DW style road tripping and racing with limited or no outside help. Granted, unless you can find a few strips willing to participate, the racing might be sparse- a couple of runs at a regularly scheduled race at the beginning and several days of 250 miles per day ending with a couple of runs at a strip the last day.

To me, this would settle Frost's claim that his car is a street car and that it can run the numbers. I would have a new found respect for his car if he can do 600 miles and lay down some numbers. Plus it would give Road Kill at least one more good episode if not 2.

What do you think? Would it solve anything? Thoughts?
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

I like it
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Considering Texas is five times the size of England, how many countries would their passport get?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Only issues I see is:

England's average DA is sea level, so of course cars go faster on average.
        England's average temps rarely get to high 90's to really test that cooling system (aka easier).
        And doesn't a 1,000 miles practically take you from one coast to the other and back =P
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

diagonally? it's only 50,000 square miles. Something like Alabama.

Comment

So would you then propose changing DragWeek to only making runs on the starting and finishing weekends and just drink beer in the hotel parking lots on weekdays?

How about a factor to allow Prius's to compete in the unlimitied class?

Comment

The YB thread is a bunch of chest puffing/e-penis measuring (as per the norm on YB)... unless and until Frost actually makes the journey to the USA to compete at DW, (which IS the defacto standard of the definition of fast street cars at the moment), than any and all claims of being the "World's Fastest Street Car" are just that... claims.

This is the trouble with all "fastest street car" type of competitions, though...

Like your idea of the HOT ROD crew going across the pond, but the logistical nightmare alone that would result makes this entire discussion academic.
              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
                Like your idea of the HOT ROD crew going across the pond, but the logistical nightmare alone that would result makes this entire discussion academic.
                I like that idea too. You know DF and Finnegan would make Andy's life miserable for that week regardless of weather I'm sure they have plenty of bad back roads in England Though I would like to know how Andy's car does on a 200 mile highway jaunt in high-90+'s weather. (and then run the good number five days in a row with competition chasing him down)
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                  I decided to post this here because of the readership- drag week enthusiasts. Over on the bullet is a thread regarding Andy Frost's Red Victor being the fastest street car in the world- 6.50 or something like that. The ensuing argument about that is it a real street car and that it should do Drag Week. You might remember that last year Hot Rod's Facebook page had a conversation between a staffer and either Andy Frost or one of his crew about him coming to DW. The argument is it cost too much $$ (somebody forgot to tell Wacky Mick). Anyway, I got to thinking that the argument centers around the idea that RV is a street car. How about a Road Kill episode where the hosts go to England and spend part if not all of the week with RV and Frost in DW style road tripping and racing with limited or no outside help. Granted, unless you can find a few strips willing to participate, the racing might be sparse- a couple of runs at a regularly scheduled race at the beginning and several days of 250 miles per day ending with a couple of runs at a strip the last day.

To me, this would settle Frost's claim that his car is a street car and that it can run the numbers. I would have a new found respect for his car if he can do 600 miles and lay down some numbers. Plus it would give Road Kill at least one more good episode if not 2.

What do you think? Would it solve anything? Thoughts?
                  Andy's is a Street Car with Billet heads? ( I know the guy that Built them). I suspect on Alky the whole 30 mile drive. Fake Street Car, He cant make three "second gear start" passes without blowing it up.

You got to love the Net. Did you hear, he is a French Model?

Andy has the Fastest Car with Plates, that's about it, Rod Saboury's the same, if you get out of sight of the car trailer they are in Trouble
                  Last edited by JeffMcKC; May 28, 2013, 07:10 AM.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'd like to see Rod Saboury's Vette and Andy Frost's Red Victor try their hand. DW is as much a test of the individual as it is the machinery used.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I for one was very disappointed when Hot Rod said it was the fastest Street Car in the World they should save that for Drag Week

Same 5 tracks, same drives, same Conditions ( Rain)
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        (and then run the good number five days in a row with competition chasing him down)
                        IMO, this is the reason anything less than being in the DW competition won't mean anything. Anybody can make a claim, but if you want to win DW, you gotta buy a ticket.
                        Otherwise, you can just enjoy being the fastest street-legal car in England (and BTW, I would be very happy with just that claim!).

Comment

pan eating potholes, questionable hotel parking lots, shootouts along the goatpath, RAIN? Hell it thunderstormed pretty good one night. Most folks think a mist down here in Texas is rain.

and Mick, Wacky Mick, grinning like a maniac even when he's too tired to talk, walking the walk.

bon jour

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            I like that idea too. You know DF and Finnegan would make Andy's life miserable for that week regardless of weather I'm sure they have plenty of bad back roads in England Though I would like to know how Andy's car does on a 200 mile highway jaunt in high-90+'s weather. (and then run the good number five days in a row with competition chasing him down)
                            In Amarillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              diagonally? it's only 50,000 square miles. Something like Alabama.
                              England is like Alabama... minus all the 500,000+ REDNECKS!!!!

no offense to Red Necks!! Hell, I'm a red neck!!
                              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Working...
                              X