No announcement yet.

Why I won't be at DW 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't half ass anything Bill, when you break stuff, you really break stuff Going to try a light weight turbo motor perhaps?
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 3, 2013, 07:20 AM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'm assuming that is not a stock block at 4.560.. that would make a stock block +.200 ? that sucks hard. Sorry to see that. Sleeving it may still be less $$ than a new block?
      Last edited by Beagle; June 3, 2013, 07:26 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

8 sleeves + deck plates! Let's go for 800 cubes!!!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Sorry to see your problems, it really sucks, and I feel for you.. Sounds like it broke a spring, then bumped a valve, and everything went to hell in a handbasket after that!

A little food for thought.. Assuming your valve train is stable, the number one killer of springs is heat, my valve covers look like a sprinkler system, and have FOUR oil feed lines into them. A little circle track trick, and I've never even had a spring go soft in years, let alone break one, with numerous combos.

I hope you find a way to get things going soon, but sounds like you're down the waiting list a bit, so it's hard to get very motivated in that position.

I'm gonna miss ya Bill, you were a BIG part of my first year in 2006.. It won't be the same without you..
          Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; June 3, 2013, 07:37 AM.

Comment

So sorry Bill, get it fixed up.
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Ouch. Hope to see you next year then!!
              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

that really sucks Bill, I was looking forward to meeting you. I can hook you up with a motorsport 514 we have sitting around.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Hate to here about your loss. Was hoping to catch up with you this year. Will look forward to see what you bring for 2014. At least I will bring an all Ford entree for this year.
                  Tom

Comment

Condolences Bill on the dead motor. Sounds like you have a solid plan in place for 2014. When you are #91 on the waiting list, I have to agree that your plan is probably the wise move even though missing a year will hurt. Good luck!

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuch!

Bill - put a take out truck 460 in it and come out anyway - it's the only fun week we have all year!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I've got two builds ahead and with the #91 spot I was a maybe anyway. I didn't sign up day one becuase I was a maybe and I didn't want to steal a slot from someone else, but didn't expect to end up at 91st.

It is an aftermarket block, and after sonic check on the last rebuild we were at the limit on two cylinders. I'll be in new territory for me if it needs five sleeves or some such. I think the head is repairable, actually both heads as they both had shrapnel on the quench pads. I not much of a throw something together guy and with the cost just to get to Drag Week and the time I'm calling it for this year.

I've replaced the springs on a two year schedule and not had issues but this time the lobes were more agressive. I like the spring oilers idea and they will be on the next version. And I need to replace them more oftern, with this cam at least. Live and learn.

I'll be posting up as it goes along and being generally annoying as usual here on BS.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bill as I have told Jake many times cars at the level of yours and Docs N/A are a Hand full to keep up with and no shame in someone taking a year off just hate to see it for that reason.
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Ah crap Bill, sorry it turned out so bad. I was really hoping it would be less damage. Hopefully the crank and rods are salvageable and sounds like the heads are gonna be repairable as well. As others have said, you don't half ass your rig so I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
                            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

So sorry to hear Bill . But as the guys have said I'm sure it will be even badder for 2014 .

Comment

Norm, the real goal is lighter! we'll see how it goes. Are you bringing a car this year?
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X