No announcement yet.

Why I won't be at DW 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news .. Was looking forward to meeting all the ford guys .you have a great car. . I ended up ordering a 408 for my wreck ..it was suppose to be here 4 weeks ago still waiting .. Probably be another week ... Lots of testing hope it makes it through to keep the ford numbers up..

Comment

Hate to hear.

Comment

Ouch, Sorry to hear that man....
        sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
          Norm, the real goal is lighter! we'll see how it goes. Are you bringing a car this year?
          So you are leaving the 4200+lb club? Sure will miss seeing that big Ford fly.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I'm counting on a similar result on about 1/10th the budget . . . .
            Last edited by 38P; June 4, 2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

It turns out the Ti valves produce interesting and hard little shards as the bounce around the chamber. Naturally these pieces go everywhere when it happens at 7000 rpm as it goes down track toward the lights. I'm still a little mystified about the valve tips coming off the hollow stem.

All of you with more experience with hollow stem Ti intakes perhaps can tell me if this is normal. I'll post pictures when I'm back home as I'm in Baltimore through Thursday.

For all of you running valve spring oilers what works best, dedicated lines and plumbing in the valve cover or the addtional passage in the rocker?
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Ya Bill be in a 71 camaro this time . Still in the works but getting close should even be some test time .

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                  It turns out the Ti valves produce interesting and hard little shards as the bounce around the chamber. Naturally these pieces go everywhere when it happens at 7000 rpm as it goes down track toward the lights. I'm still a little mystified about the valve tips coming off the hollow stem.

All of you with more experience with hollow stem Ti intakes perhaps can tell me if this is normal. I'll post pictures when I'm back home as I'm in Baltimore through Thursday.

For all of you running valve spring oilers what works best, dedicated lines and plumbing in the valve cover or the addtional passage in the rocker?
                  Bill, I get nervous adding additional passages in the rockers and have had great luck with dedicated lines plumbed into the valve covers. You will have to make certain that you keep some oil in the pan as you direct more flow up top.
                  HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                  HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                  FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

All I can say is, some of the rockers last year split at the oiler hole.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

So dedicated lines it is, I wanted some shiny new valve covers anyway. Its only money, right?
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Just don't forget to reconnect said lines after checking lash, right Jake?
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

sorry to hear it bill
                          "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                            Just don't forget to reconnect said lines after checking lash, right Jake?
                            Wurd......nice quick way to empty the oil pan.

We have been doing a bunch more work on the spintron this year, lightening things up even more. The less spring pressure the better......we'll see how it turns out. Bill, I wish you the best of luck with the project....I am still ill thinking about it.
                            Last edited by lun40119; June 5, 2013, 07:55 AM.
                            Team Clueless
                            1st Place SB/NA DW12
                            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                              Wurd......nice quick way to empty the oil pan.

We have been doing a bunch more work on the spintron this year, lightening things up even more. The less spring pressure the better......we'll see how it turns out. Bill, I wish you the best of luck with the project....I am still ill thinking about it.
                              I thought you were light on valve spring and mass previously, are you going to plastic valve train? I thought 3Vperformance was all about endurance. You better be careful they might just suck and be cashing your check
                              HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                              HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                              FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

I'm number 80 something and don't have my new motor yet. I'm really sorry about your motor. No offense, but a Gm LS with twin turbos puts out a lot of power and I think they are lighter!!

Comment

Working...
                                X