No announcement yet.

Why I won't be at DW 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Bill, that is a tough pill to swallow. Good luck on the rebuild....Hope you post it up in the projects for all of us to see!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That sucks, Bill. It's no fun having a hurt motor (engine right Vince?). See you in 2014.
      All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad's Dad View Post
        I'm number 80 something and don't have my new motor yet. I'm really sorry about your motor. No offense, but a Gm LS with twin turbos puts out a lot of power and I think they are lighter!!
        1000 hp LS with Natural Aspiration... errrr... Okay, I'll bite. It's gonna be made of unobtanium and even then, so high strung when it farts only the sensitive dogs can hear it.

How's Mr. Bill supposed to dominate an NA class with twins?
        Last edited by Beagle; June 5, 2013, 08:00 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Ouch Bill, sorry to hear about the carnage. The best way to look at this is as an opportunity to make more horsepower! 1100 next time. Good luck on the rebuild, buddy...

Comment

Thanks Jay, that is the new target. hehe. No LS twin turbo nonsense here when I can build a low dollar (cough cough) BBF with some spray or a Pro charger and knock on the 8.50 door with a somewhat lighter vehicle. there are four classes at least to look at for 2014 and I expect to be in one of them. As always I just want to finish. Expensive DNF's have taught me that. Good luck James, Randall, Vince, Tom and everybody playing in NA/BB classes. See ya'll in 2014.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Seems like DW12 was just yesterday.DW 383 days away.I quit accepting FB friends requests at 383.Must be a Mopar thing.See ya in 2014 Bill.

Comment

sorry to hear Bill. Coyote swap.... maybe? I'm # 16 on the list and no word from HR lately. At least the Cobra is ready. My wallet not so much.
                used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

I'm guessing the beginning of August they'll start sending out the "Are you sure you're going to make it" e-mails so they can start processing the waiting list folks.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                    I'm guessing the beginning of August they'll start sending out the "Are you sure you're going to make it" e-mails so they can start processing the waiting list folks.
                    a BIG WASTE of an email to me.. I WILL make it.. See you all in BG for DW13!!
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Oi will be there even if I have to put the bbc in the wagoon!
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

So sorry Bill! Lane and I are very sorry to hear about your Pomona experience and postponement of DragWeek. I'm thinking I need an invitation to preview your new light weight DW14 ride… as in "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" LOL Our coupe is still at Waldens – still with the body off the frame – Presently I'm the hold-up as I have not yet made a decision on front suspension, it is looking more like the Truck will be making DW13 as time is running out for the Coupe.

Waldens has their traditional Open House the Friday afternoon of Fathers Day weekend – same weekend as LA Roadster Show at Pomona – drop by it's less than 5 miles from the fairgrounds, lots to see and all the free ice cream you can eat…

I'm also very interested in pictures of the Ti intake shrapnel, we are running LS7 heads on the truck, with hollow stem Ti intakes plus steel lash caps and would like to learn anything we can from your mishap…

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                        DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

Page 24 of the August Hot Rod has a couple of pictures of your induction setup and a few lines about you in the Drag Week '13 preview. Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it.

Comment

Bill, I can make you the same offer as I made to Rich. I'll lend you a BB from my stash,however it's down about 284 hp from you.
                            Perhaps the Boss will fit? Only missing 104 hp from where your'e at. Hell I'll even deliver,I could use a good road trip right now.

Sorry you wont be there and will see you in '14.

Comment

Boss? Hmmm, that is tempting, all it would need is an EFI manifold, custom headers and some tuning. Tempting indeed, but I'm staying the course.

It looks like the block may be saved with two sleeves and an .040" overbore to 4.6" in the other cylinders.

Bigger displacement and less intake shrouding, might be a good thing but I have Barge II to complete now.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                                It looks like the block may be saved with two sleeves and an .040" overbore to 4.6" in the other cylinders.

Good news! BTW, I discovered why my "mock-up" 460 was junked. $$$

Comment

Working...
                                X