X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class rules - Super Street v. Street race and steel parts

I'm reading the rules here and wondering about the phrasing

"
    Vehicles in Super Street must have modifications that prevent them from running in Street Race. "

My rear deck is pretty wasted , has a bunch of rust holes in it and I want to replace it with fiberglass deck (hatchback fox). I'm thinking because Street Race says

"
    BODY

•Must use an all-steel OE body including doors, fenders, and trunk lid or hatch."

That should put the car in Super Street if that is the case? It seems pretty trivial but I think I understand that it will go into Super Street because of the deck lid?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

No such worries in Daily Driver . . . .

Comment

Yes.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Yup. It was something Bill was half heartedly joking about doing last year since BB Super Street only had like five people signed up. Basically narrowed the competition window. Go small block and you are competing with Jeff But he is going for broke this year, has to finish to win!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I would think yes.. it would bump you out of Street Race. I'd love to be able to swap out my Camaro's heavy ass OE steel trunk lid for a 'glass one, but no can do since I'm running Street Race.
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Must be something in the air - I was looking over class stuff today too, no 'glass here - but my M2 front end conversion, mini tubs and frame connectors / cal tracs allow me to run in a few different classes other than DD....

Beags - you're in TX - you can't find a rust free hatch? a 'glass hatch just seems like it would be problematic.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There are no fox mustang parts cars here. haha.

Comment

I think that is a pretty clear item that would move you up a class, SR to SS. I see nothing wrong with some artful consideration being given to what equipment or modifications to make to legitimatly move a car into a class with a smaller field. Just remember go to Drag Week to hang with all the cool people and if possible, finish, anything else is gravy.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Beagle, if you are serious about not finding a hatch, I have one from a 4 eye gt I'll GIVE you if you pay shipping from Lubbock, or when I go play at North Star ( I hope) sometime later this year I'll bring it with me.
                  Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

that is an outstanding offer. I'm not far from North Star, about 16 miles. Hit me up if you plan on staying the weekend.If I'm still living here I usually have a spare bedroom if ya need. The part of the house that I haven't given to Monica yet is still a disaster but the spare bedroom I gave to her so it's clean and has clean sheets. She has the kitchen too.

SS BB NA only has six entries so far, but it looks pretty much like a 9.8 - 10.2 average is needed in either SS or SR. Who knows. I was giving it some thought. I have no illusions that my junk will run anywhere close to that but then there is attrition.
                    Last edited by Beagle; June 6, 2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Only one guy finished last year =P
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have a set of double adjustable coil overs , and they will bump me too, so I'm debating if I want to use them , or the single adjustable qa1s and factory coils.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

If the past is any indicator SR BB/NA has often had a faster winning average than SS BB/NA or even Modified N/A. I have no idea why.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I think SS SB and SR SB both had quicker averages too - hence my comment about me staying out of those classes. Hell, to be honest, if I take a (one) light on day one, it'll be a monster win!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              I think SS SB and SR SB both had quicker averages too - hence my comment about me staying out of those classes. Hell, to be honest, if I take a (one) light on day one, it'll be a monster win!
                              The next major win is taking the light on the LAST day.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X