No announcement yet.

Class rules - Super Street v. Street race and steel parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll do better then you think Beagle. Alot of guys never have a single problem. And some of us like me break junk every year but dont give up.
    Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
      The next major win is taking the light on the LAST day.
      Goal changes

Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 9, 2013, 10:08 AM.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Come on in to sr sb/na I think there is only four. I'm restricted to 11.50 due to no roll bar. Perhaps those fast guys will beat up their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          I'm reading the rules here and wondering about the phrasing

"
          Vehicles in Super Street must have modifications that prevent them from running in Street Race. "

My rear deck is pretty wasted , has a bunch of rust holes in it and I want to replace it with fiberglass deck (hatchback fox). I'm thinking because Street Race says

"
          BODY

•Must use an all-steel OE body including doors, fenders, and trunk lid or hatch."

That should put the car in Super Street if that is the case? It seems pretty trivial but I think I understand that it will go into Super Street because of the deck lid?

So would a fiberglass S-10 tailgate put me in Super Street, or can I remove it and run in Street Race? I am assuming it is considered the same as a fiberglass deck lid.

Comment

I'm betting a tailgate would not matter since they are removable anyway. Now a fiberglass bed or bed sides would be a different story.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Does it NEED to have a hatch?

I mean (get ready, this is a crude idea) if a glass hatch bumps you, can you remove it? Using the tailgate example it stands to reason that if trucks don't need all their body panels, then why should cars?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Not like it ever rains during Drag Week anyways! People run without hoods all the time.

Comment

I think you could go with a 325 tire, blow past the "no go" gauge by 1/4" , and wind up in another class. (COUGH - NEVER GOT THAT RULING _ COUGH)
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

THERE IS THE DAVID RULE...

Its not the Rule

Its not the intent of the rule

Its the Spirit of the Intent of the rule that counts.

Its a Lot like NASCAR
                    Last edited by JeffMcKC; June 12, 2013, 12:23 PM.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

before or after you drop the .5k on tires? Sorry... in a pissy mood. I blame Eddie. How much to put a tube car into Super Street?
                      Last edited by Beagle; June 12, 2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

You know the rule ahead of time. If you are intentionally slapping on a "too big" tire to simply move up a class, be forewarned you might just get kicked to DD or Unlimited instead. Wouldn't be in the spirit of the rule for sure.

Comment

SR and SS both have the same as Modified this year - maybe I should read this stuff closer. Looked so much like last year, but I think it got clarified. Sorry bout that.

•Street Race cars must use tires on the dragstrip that are no greater than 11.25 inches wide at the tread,

as measured installed and on the ground with a go/no-go gauge. Tire edges may not be shaved or cut to

meet the 11.25-inch maximum. Drag radials with a metric width labeling of no greater than 325 mm may

be used if the tread width is no greater than 11.5 inches.

Comment

Yes, the great inconsistency. The SS BB/NA winner last year ran MT 325/50's. I consider that question settled and I would go nuclear if I was bounced or reclassified because I was running those tires. I have figured out that I gave up almost .2 seconds by running the 315/60's with out changing the rear gear. Made no difference last year but it could for somebody this year.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The issue with naming a size is the wheel that gets used with it.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I worry about Street Race....it is only a matter of time before an engine like mine gets mated with a fox body or some other light turd and the class will get killed. Muscle cars will be come obsolete from the class. Crow and I were just discussing this in one of our morning email sessions at work, and both share similar views. It's only a matter of time before the class runs away. Mustangs are fast, and definitely make great drag chassis, but lets be honest. I've been to Georgia to watch the radial tire race. You can only watch so many fox bodies go down track before it gets boring.

That being said.......I propose that there should be a minimum weight for the Street Race class. Keep the cut up, super light junk in the Super Street class.....and keep the cars that are for the most part unmolested in Street race. Give the muscle car era a fighting chance....

Ok, rant over. Flame on.......
                                Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X