• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-minus 95 Days

and counting...
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

My car is running! I need to do a rear axle swap and install the second fuel pump. Hopefully A/C will work as well.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I should start testing this coming week.... I sure hope
      I dont run into any MAJOR problems

Comment

damn..... And I haven't even started on my engine pull to freshen it up..

my two girls softball should by done by end of July. I'll hit it hard then.
        Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
        Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
        Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
        Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
          damn..... And I haven't even started on my engine pull to freshen it up..

my two girls softball should by done by end of July. I'll hit it hard then.
          LOL... I sold my kid YEARS ago... could have got a better price if I would have sold
          him at a younger age... LOL
          Last edited by MR P-BODY; June 4, 2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

hmmmm.....supposed to pick up the reciprocating assembly from the balance shop this week. Cam is on order, might take a couple weeks. At least the car is still running good with the old engine. And I haven't started on suspension work, or fuel system mods, etc. Tried to get the lettering done, but the striper got sick and didn't make it.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

My shortblock is done, but the heads aren't yet.. plus have to do piston/valve clearance check, measure for pushrods, and set up the shaft rockers...

and wire, plumb the car, assemble the body, etc. etc.

still PLENTY OF TIME! <---- my mantra for the past couple of months
              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Ordered the cam today, heads went out last week, will drop the block off next week to get the lifters bored out and bushed. Still need to remake the intake and install the new EFI switch gears and plenty more but I started early this year.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

My junk has been running well since the end of November, been to the track many times since February, with a shit-ton of miles on it, probably wearing it out.. It's kinda' scary, the whole car has not really given me a single problem since it's been up and going again, probably have a good couple thousand miles on it, too. I could only be so lucky that it performs this way at DW, but you know how that goes, whatever can happen, will happen at DW!

I got JW Transmissions doing a TH400, it'll be going in the car soon, and a Racepak data logger should be here next week, can't wait to have the dash in the car, with everything right in front of me on one screen. Be the first time the car will have a fuel level gauge, might not run outta gas anymore, I won't miss that!

Getting to work on Luke's Boss 331 from the white Maverick that he screamed to the moon all week last year until it finally beat some intake keepers outta it on the final day, and dropped a valve.. Hurt the factory iron head, sent that out to be cast iron welded, got that back, looks good, so it's on the road to recovery! Gonna lighten up a few things in the valve train to allow it to run up a little higher, AND more importantly, SETTING THE REV LIMITER!
                  Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; June 4, 2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

One bright spot in my sea of carnage is how well the .904 Isky Easy roll lifters in the bushed lifter bores performed. They came out looking perfect even the pair on the broken valve cylinder. They are rebuildable so I expect I'll be doing that as a pre-caution. Not a cheap operation but very worth it in my view. You sound like you are way too ahead of the game for June Jeff.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
                      My junk has been running well since the end of November, been to the track many times since February, with a shit-ton of miles on it, probably wearing it out.. It's kinda' scary, the whole car has not really given me a single problem since it's been up and going again, probably have a good couple thousand miles on it, too. I could only be so lucky that it performs this way at DW, but you know how that goes, whatever can happen, will happen at DW!

I got JW Transmissions doing a TH400, it'll be going in the car soon, and a Racepak data logger should be here next week, can't wait to have the dash in the car, with everything right in front of me on one screen. Be the first time the car will have a fuel level gauge, might not run outta gas anymore, I won't miss that!
                      Are you building a two speed TH or a 2.10 gear deal?
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                        Are you building a two speed TH or a 2.10 gear deal?
                        I'm going 3 speed, and staying with the 2.48 gear right now, but could end up with a 2.10, time will tell what it wants. The car leaves like an old milk truck now, even though the 60 ain't bad, so I'm figuring I could get away with the 2.48 first. I got the RacePak going in, so I will have some data from the glide before the 400 goes in. JW is doing the trans, and they won't have the ultra bell for my combo til at least the end of this month, so trans won't go in until sometime in July..

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          One bright spot in my sea of carnage is how well the .904 Isky Easy roll lifters in the bushed lifter bores performed. They came out looking perfect even the pair on the broken valve cylinder. They are rebuildable so I expect I'll be doing that as a pre-caution. Not a cheap operation but very worth it in my view. You sound like you are way too ahead of the game for June Jeff.
                          Docs my Co pilot he is doing a check list I think LOL
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            Docs my Co pilot he is doing a check list I think LOL
                            I find that funny because as a youth I was at a national event in the pits and the two brothers next to us in the pit area (Bob and Jim S.) were getting their asses chewed out by their dad who I distinctly heard yell, "THE ONLY THING YOU GUYS HAVE ON YOUR LIST IS ASSHOLE".
                            I expect my list for this year will be better than theirs.
                            HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                            HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                            FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X