Beech bend campground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beech bend campground

Anyone staying there instead of hotels for first and last nights?
    Last edited by tsanchez; June 4, 2013, 04:39 PM.
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

FWIW, I have stayed there in years past for various events but IIRC it was more like September/October. It's been some years since I was last there. Back then it had planty of trees for shade and there is a large shower facility and electric is available at regular intervals throughout the camping area.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I will have my motorhome, just seeing who else is gonna be there, its 180 for the week.
      Last edited by tsanchez; June 4, 2013, 03:26 PM.
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I have been to Beech Bend about a dozen times. Their camping area is top notch. Don't forget to allow some time to enjoy the amusement park, too. Oh... and if you don't stay at the campground, the Ramada Inn is a helluva good time on Friday & Saturday nights in their lounge. They have a house band that plays a lot of 80's cover music. Grab a cold beer or three, sit back and watch the people.... it is nuts... absolutely nuts.
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

We plan on camping this year, if you can stand hanging with Texas gasser boys.
          Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Oh yeah, Im from Albuquerque originally, its like west Texas lol
            Last edited by tsanchez; June 4, 2013, 04:40 PM.
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I plan on it- may have my family with me the first weekend. Looking forward to some tent camping there.
              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

So is anybody doing any tent camping the rest of the week? If so where are you staying?

Comment

Here is the scoop.
                  This will be my third year camping on all has gone well also very cheap!

Beech bend allows camping at the track for racers only.
                  shower are available at the track at no charge

Just found camp ground is closed next to IRP (indy)
                  checking to see if they have camping at the track

Checking on Gateway Motorsports Park,
                  they are going to contact me once the track says yes or no

Memphis International Raceway does NOT allow camping
                  but there's a state park near the track
                  Meeman Shelby State park

Then were back at Beech Bend

I believe Kevin with Poison Gas and possible Out sider will be camping also.

I will keep everyone up dated
                  Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                  Drag Week 2011 DD
                  Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                  Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

I plan to tent camp some of the nights . . . .

(I really would like to find an RV that would fit into: (a) the miniscule DW 12'x6' trailer rule (which means teardrop or pop-up**) and (b) what's left 'o my "budget," but that's increasingly unlikely at this late juncture . . .

**SOAPBOX: It hardly seems fair that the SIM "cube hivers" have a huge, luxurious "toterhome" and the competitors can't even tow a 13' Boler

, Serro Scotty,

Bambi,

or old "canned ham"

on the promise that it won't be packed with parts and support equipment, of course . . . . )

Please keep posting up the info on locations, fees, etc. What does Beech Bend charge per day?

Last year, I didn't see any place around Memphis that I'd want to risk camping. The Super 8 in West Memphis wasn't so "super" either.

PG, is your Model A orange now?

Comment

Google teardrop
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Thanks for the update! As of right now, my wife and I are planning on camping.

Comment

Thanks Tom - if it's like Gillam, bring a lantern.

We spent a ton on hotels, I don't think we'll have that luxury this year. Tulsa - eek - hard rock... gambling... not again.

The Casita is 13' Speedy. I'm wondering about putting a deck on my 4x8 trailer in case the clouds start leaking.

Assuming it's not the open/close/open/close beer cooler, how long does dry ice usually keep?
                          Last edited by Beagle; August 5, 2013, 01:58 PM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            if it's like Gillam, bring a lantern.
                            Yeah, that was about the darkest place to camp this side of Bonneville (actually it may be darker, because at B-ville you at least have the lights of Wendover as a beacon of life in the distance).

Try quietly setting up a tent in the mosquito-filled, pitch-black darkness at 2:00 a.m. sometime . . . F-U-N

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              Google teardrop
                              I do . . . frequently. "Cheap," "available" and "teardrop" don't seem to belong in the same sentence without an adjacent "not." $$$$ on a Little Guy or pay some mope $75/day to rent one . . . perhaps that partially explains why there aren't teardrops on DW.

The homebuilt teardrop route may be a possibility for future DWs, but there was/is simply too much to do this year to consider it.

Comment

Working...
                              X