Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=whichdoctor;776599]
    Originally posted by TheEngineWorks.com View Post
    I've been building SB Chevys since the late 70's, my dad made some of the biggest power of the day. I don't think you'd want me to do that, I got a lot more experience with a SB Chevy then I do a BB Mopar.. lol Building a SB Chevy is a walk in the park compared to building a BB Mopar, you have parts galore to pick from!

(Fixed it), Just look how great my small block ford did last year........oh wait it blew up. Your friend Eddie.
    Well for an example, run your engine to 9,000RPM for 5 days of racing and let me know how it holds up, probably would not get a pass or two outta it! Luke KNOWS what he did to his engine, he over revved it for the week, and got just what I would of expected him to get, a dropped intake valve, and I TOLD him what would happen if it was over revved! The engine has a somewhat agressive hyd. roller in it, and a 2.250, heavy steel intake valve, I told him 6900rpm was it, who knows what kinda RPM he was screaming it to, but enough that Brian announced one time, "listen to that thing, he's got it wound up like an 8 day clock"!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
      Notice not only at the top but the bottom that's your lifter killer!
      Music to my ears.....
      At the console...

In the door...
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=TheEngineWorks.com;776613]
        Originally posted by whichdoctor View Post

Well for an example, run your engine to 9,000RPM for 5 days of racing and let me know how it holds up, probably would not get a pass or two outta it! Luke KNOWS what he did to his engine, he over revved it for the week, and got just what I would of expected him to get, a dropped intake valve, and I TOLD him what would happen if it was over revved! The engine has a somewhat agressive hyd. roller in it, and a 2.250, heavy steel intake valve, I told him 6900rpm was it, who knows what kinda RPM he was screaming it to, but enough that Brian announced one time, "listen to that thing, he's got it wound up like an 8 day clock"!
        Eddo....I like you buddy.....your funny.
        Last edited by lun40119; June 11, 2013, 08:27 AM.
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

No one I know would ever spin their junk to anything over 8500 rpm on a regular basis. I think my stall converter is 6900 Eddie.
          HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
          HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
          FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Lighter parts Eddo......lighter parts.......
            Team Clueless
            1st Place SB/NA DW12
            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
            sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm gonna set the record for the quickest gold gp at drag week this year. Do they ave a jacket for that?
              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm gonna set the record for the quickest gold gp at drag week this year. Do they ave a jacket for that?
                No, but it seems like if you go to OKC you "could" have the fastest street car in the country, if not the WORLD!!

Comment

No, but it seems like if you go to OKC you "could" have the fastest street car in the country, if not the WORLD!!
                  DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                  DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                  DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                  DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=lun40119;776630]

Lighter parts Eddo......lighter parts.......
                    I know about lighter, Luke's engine was not an exotic build, by any means, we are gonna lighten up the intake side of things this time on his engine.. My junk has over 6.5" long 2.450 titanium intake valve with a 5/16' stem, I understand lighter.. ;-)

Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; June 11, 2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

The one on the left is 5/16 stem....
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

5mm stem on the right?
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Secret.......
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Well they look like it's a good thing your valves don't bounce
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

No doubt!!!
                              Team Clueless
                              1st Place SB/NA DW12
                              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                              sigpic

Comment

5/16 is a ton of weight, 6 MM is light Eddie. I know that valve Jake LOL it looks very longggggggg

I am betting they flow more than Eddie's too LOL or very close to it.
                                Last edited by JeffMcKC; June 11, 2013, 10:17 AM.
                                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X