Changing up classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing up classes

Been thinking about going into Hot Rod class...With a 47 Chevy coupe not sure on the engine type ... what your thoughts on the engine... running DD this year with the old farm truck this is a nest year build something different
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    been thinking about going into hot rod class...with a 47 chevy coupe not sure on the engine type ... What your thoughts on the engine... Running dd this year with the old farm truck this is a nest year build something different
    ( hemi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
      ( hemi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
      That would be the ultimate but not uncommon... Plus the early Hemi are very rare and $$$ to build do known of a 354 ci

Comment

How about a high winding 283 with a 4 speed muncie and an olds or pontiac rear end?
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          How about a high winding 283 with a 4 speed muncie and an olds or pontiac rear end?
          with mechanical fuel injection..
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
            with mechanical fuel injection..
            been thinking of GMC 302 inliner maybe blown

Comment

Funny.. before building my first v8 for my 53, a 327, I was really kicking around a 292 with a bunch of power...
              But went the easy route instead..
              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                Funny.. before building my first v8 for my 53, a 327, I was really kicking around a 292 with a bunch of power...
                But went the easy route instead..
                In high school a guy had a 302 gmc with a aftermarket head cant remember brand... it was in a 50 chevy ran real strong it was some thing one night we were hanging out and he raced a 65 Pontiac with a 4 speed and beat him twice

Comment

the 47 I have is a basket case but is a coupe and has a 327 700r4 with 10 bolt 4.10 body is fair but floor is toast... I sub frame it 5 years ago and put the 327 in haven't touch it in a long time... So time to do a rat rod and some hot rod drag week hope to start on it in sept. after DW for keep up your subjection

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Had that package in my old 56 Chevy. That was a fun car to drive.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Large dispacement small block of some kind will put you in the mix. Only some big blocks can play.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                        Large dispacement small block of some kind will put you in the mix. Only some big blocks can play.
                        its hard to beat a SB they just run and with all the stroker kits it even harder... was at the track today SBF n/a 8.19 @ 167 in a 64 falcon

Comment

Working...
                        X