Hawaii will not be participating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii will not be participating

As anticipated there were added expenses that I had hoped would not have to be encountered, but enough popped up to run the account down. Work on the car has been interrupted so completion would be a thrash. Our track is down for repaving until Aug., so testing the car and getting a license (if it goes that fast) would be problematic, so I'm going to pull the pin early, and let someone else go. Any eager beavers know the link to drop out? Hope to be included next year, thank you everybody for your help.
    Aloha Mike

Boo!!!
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
      Boo!!!
      I know how you feel.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Been there done that and the waiting for next year is tough. Could you fly in and bum a ride, it's almost as much fun and you don't really have to worry about the car. Will give you a good idea of what to expect when your ride is ready.

Comment

It is something to consider, but I didn't want to burn the va ca and spend the money I could use to finish. I know the nickle and dime stuff will probably go over budget also. I was going to forgo the body and paint to go on the trip, but now it's back on the list. Thanks...
          Last edited by aukai; June 14, 2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear...
            sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Really sucks Mike...stay in touch...
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

It always sucks to miss DW, believe me, I've done it more then once! One time we worked about 48 hours straight, only to miss it by hours, and that was the year after coming off an overall win.

This starts the time when they are gonna start dropping like flies, if the previous years are any indication.. ANYTHING can happen, and most of us are working class people, with not a ton of extra money laying around, (unless your name is Jake) so any real unexpected thing happens and many of us are in trouble..
                Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; June 15, 2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear it Mike, but you know I understand as I had to drop out too. See you in 2014. Aloha.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Thats too bad... but I cant imagine the cost to ship a car from there
                    to the main land then drive it that far..... and BACK

Comment

Just transportation, ocean and truck freight is right at 7000. If I put it in a can 10,000+. Then the pay to play money. Oh well......
                      Thanks everybody.
                      Last edited by aukai; June 15, 2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aukai View Post
                        Just transportation, ocean and truck freight is right at 7000. If I put it in a can 10,000+. Then the pay to play money. Oh well......
                        Thanks everybody.
                        Can you buy something on the cheap main land side and sale after DW don't need need to be that fast 12.50s will get u by... good luck.
                        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Well Quick, that's another can of worms. I don't know how I would handle that, if I like the car then I own another money pit.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, I was looking forward to meeting you. wishing you all the best!
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I was hoping to put faces to a bunch of screen names. I also thought it would have been an epic opportunity to dial in the car. We have 1 race a month and you might get 6 runs a day

Comment

Working...
                              X