Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial Drag Week spectator cruise....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Drag Week spectator cruise....

Since my engine is still not ready, I was thinking about driving the Coronet ,provided I have it running and sorted out by then,from home to the Plantation Oaks motel in Memphis. It is about 260 miles one way. Maybe get a couple of extra blower belts and alternator belts. Am I crazy or would I earn a couple of Drag Week points driving a blown Gen II Hemi for 520 miles just to spectate?

Do it!

Comment

I would think so.
      sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Lets see- you are thinking of driving a high powered street car 260 miles to see a bunch of high powered street cars beat on themselves at a track in the middle of a 1300 mile drive. An you wonder if you are crazy?

BTW- where in MS are you? I am near Tupelo.
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
          Lets see- you are thinking of driving a high powered street car 260 miles to see a bunch of high powered street cars beat on themselves at a track in the middle of a 1300 mile drive. An you wonder if you are crazy?

BTW- where in MS are you? I am near Tupelo.
          I live just outside of Crystal Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by mopower58 View Post
            Since my engine is still not ready, I was thinking about driving the Coronet ,provided I have it running and sorted out by then,from home to the Plantation Oaks motel in Memphis. It is about 260 miles one way. Maybe get a couple of extra blower belts and alternator belts. Am I crazy or would I earn a couple of Drag Week points driving a blown Gen II Hemi for 520 miles just to spectate?
            Having unintentionally rendered myself into being a spectator at '05, and seeing as how the transport was going to meet me at the final track anyway (in '05 we didn't do a loop) we followed along for the rest of the trip. I'm glad we did. Expect to buy a round or two in the bar or at the informal parking lot gatherings.

Not sure about the points, ask DF.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Drive that bitch!!!!!

Comment

Go for it. See ya at breakfast. And the track.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Why not enter that car... if it can make it that far it'll make
                  the whole trip

Comment

Originally posted by mopower58 View Post
                    why not pull the belt till your there you dont have to prove shit just show up and have fun
                    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                    X