Done testing. It's prep time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    Good Job Slimbo, 9.65 @ 139 when you turning the bottle on?
    How about we swap my bulletproof simple combo in that 2800 pound shell go 8,s...lol
    "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Them are some nice numbers for a street car! what gear did u have in it before? I was thinking of going to a 4:11 from my 4:56 but was afraid i would lose to much. I am running a 28" tall tire now.

Comment

I was running a 4.10. Went to a 3.75 and the car ate it up. Wound up flashing the converter higher and going faster.

Comment

Hence the reason to use a low geared Shorty glide in front of a gear vender with the 4.10 gear or more in the back
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
            How about we swap my bulletproof simple combo in that 2800 pound shell go 8,s...lol
            If it was 2800 as raced, I would not need the spray to go 8's

Comment

yes jeff,,you were right again... it went faster with less gear. I like spending money and then going back to what you say to do..

Comment

well the shocks where just a adjustment at least. Slimbo the long way is how we learn just stop and ask yourself why it did what it did

Comment

Engine is staying in the torque band longer I suppose. Time to put more hose to it...lol

Comment

I was always told " gear is a substitute for horsepower " !
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Looks like your right on schedule...
                      sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Damn good #'s Mark. Now I have to find where I put that engine I pulled last fall. Norm and I still have trani's in North Caralina.
                        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                        Second place SSBBNA 2016
                        Third place SSBBNA 2017
                        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                          I was always told " gear is a substitute for horsepower " !
                          Gear is power, it makes TQ or kills it.

Comment

The engine is the torque... the gear is the multiplier ... torque moves
                            the item so if you have big torque you want to stay in the torque range
                            as long as possible... thats why most BB engines want less gear

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                              The engine is the torque... the gear is the multiplier ... torque moves
                              the item so if you have big torque you want to stay in the torque range
                              as long as possible... thats why most BB engines want less gear
                              I disagree Huge, RPM wins races, a small motor with less power with more rpm, geared for that, will out run the big motor with less rpm every day. Lee Shepard showed us that early on in Pro Stock, in fact he is the reason we have a 500 inch limit across the board now days. Staying in the TQ range will find you last place, raising the rpm range and TQ range will help, but engine tq has little to do when you can add RPM and gear.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                                I disagree Huge, RPM wins races, a small motor with less power with more rpm, geared for that, will out run the big motor with less rpm every day. Lee Shepard showed us that early on in Pro Stock, in fact he is the reason we have a 500 inch limit across the board now days. Staying in the TQ range will find you last place, raising the rpm range and TQ range will help, but engine tq has little to do when you can add RPM and gear.
                                that"s why all those SB are kicking my a$$... went to the track last week and it seems like the sbf were out in force a 64 falcon N/A 408 8.19 @ 167
                                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                                X