Where's my converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's my converter?

I am the test guy for a new converter from Freak Show Converters. It was to arrive on Saturday but it's not here yet. Am I expecting to much from a company that is charging 1/2 the price of the other big guys?
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Originally posted by Dave D View Post
    I am the test guy for a new converter from Freak Show Converters. It was to arrive on Saturday but it's not here yet. Am I expecting to much from a company that is charging 1/2 the price of the other big guys?
    Dave put a bug in What bumper over on the other site he is working with Freak Show... Sorry I said anything about them but I'm still going to see if the Freak can fix Coan,PTC and Vortex work...
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I would call Freak Show and get the shipping number.. if they sent
      it out when they said they would then its not their fault... but if they
      cant give you a shipping number.... well.. its not shipped yet

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
        Dave put a bug in What bumper over on the other site he is working with Freak Show... Sorry I said anything about them but I'm still going to see if the Freak can fix Coan,PTC and Vortex work...
        I may do that and not your fault. This may still work out.
        I called Mike on saturday and he was to return my call with tracking numbers but didnt call back. I will call him on Monday. I am not concerned about the money because I'm protected by the credit card policy.
        Dave
        69 Mustang ProStreet
        70 Torino

Comment

I hope this works for you. If not try Andre at Edge converters, they have done a great job for me for reaosnable money and on time.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I just sent mine back to A-1 a week ago, More Stall
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

where the f--k or WTF is the converter
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Its a modern device made to take the place of the man pedal so you can use your hand to hold your coke

Comment

Converter came in yesturday and put in the afternoon.
                  A little test on the street shows that I can foot brake it to 3500 very easily. It will flash to over 6000 and when I ran it down the highway and rolled into it with 3/4 throttle it went to 6500 and held thru 100 mph.

Based upon that it stalls 1000 to 2000 over my request.

Before it comes out I'm going to throw a smaller gear at it (4.11 to 3.82) and see what happens at the track while raising the chip to 7600 and raising the shift point.
                  At least I'll have data for the reflash. This should be a wild 1/8 mile ride.
                  Dave
                  69 Mustang ProStreet
                  70 Torino

Comment

Wow.. 1000 to 2000 over what you wanted... check to see
                    what your slippage % is.. that really hurts out on the street...
                    when I talked to TA about my conv I asked about it with OD...
                    he didnt know what it would slipin OD(he doesnt play with OD)
                    but with the bit of driving I got so far its better than he/I thought
                    it would be.. I just hope it stalls as good with my other engine

Comment

make a 2/3 shift under power and see what the stall is for your shift recovery that is if its not a 2 speed.................

Mine is on the way back, 6800 this time

Comment

This may or may not be helpful, but with my BBF/AOD combo 2.46/1.46/1.00 tranny gears, 315/60 Hoosier DR tire, 3.89 rear gear.

My flash stall is right at 5700 off a 2300 rpm foot brake launch, shift recovery 1-2 is 6200 off a 7500 shift, 6200 again on the 2-3 shift. Only goes 7000 through the lights.

The tire is too tall for the N/A combo, and with the 325/50 the flash goes slightly higher, 5850 (the engine dyno torque peak was 5700) and the shift recovery rpm drops a little bit, 6100 and it hits 7500 through the lights. Shorter tire is worth 2 tenths plus.

The Wllace Racing converter slippage calculator says I have 12% with the tall tire. I'll have a drive shaft speed sensor when it goes back together and I'll have a better sense of true slippage then.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Slippage is not all that bad a thing if you cant gear its guts out. Its become a big deal to the huge power adder cars will low stall. What happens when a converter slips,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bueller that's right, Tq Multiplication

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            Slippage is not all that bad a thing if you cant gear its guts out. Its become a big deal to the huge power adder cars will low stall. What happens when a converter slips,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bueller that's right, Tq Multiplication
                            Heat?
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Heat?
                              Yes it builds heat also

Comment

Working...
                              X