Test and Tune Sunday (9/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test and Tune Sunday (9/8)

Can someone help me understand how this is going to work?

Here are various published schedules:
    From Beach Bend website
    6-8 Holley LS Fest
    8 Drag Week Park & Registration
    9 Drag Week Test & Tune (8 am till done)
    10 Drag Week Final Day of Racing
    13 Final Oval Track Race - Gates open 6 pm
    14 TN Drifting 8 am - 4 pm

From Hot Rod DragWeek Page
    DATE LOCATION ACTIVITY
    September 8 Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, KY Registration, tech, and test and tune
    September 9 Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, KY Racing
    September 10 Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis, IN Racing
    September 11 Gateway Motorsports Park, Collinsville, IL Racing
    September 12 Memphis International Raceway, Millington, TN Racing
    September 13 Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, KY Finals
    September 14 Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, KY Rain date, only if needed

From the Holley web site
    SUNDAY September 8 - (all times are tentative and subject to change based on car count)
    SUN Gates Open: 7:00am
    7:30am – 10:00am – Registration (show-n-shine and autocross only)
    8:00am – 12:00 - Spectator Gates OPEN
    10:00am – Final Eliminations All Classes – scheduled rounds and run times determined by car count
    2:00 - Drag Race Finals All Classes
    3:00 – Drag Race Awards/Payouts – eliminations payout at Tower (as completed)/Champion payouts at OPTIMA stage
    6:00 – Spectator Gates CLOSED

I will be cooler testing, it should go just fine
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
      I will be cooler testing, it should go just fine
      Jeff,
      This will be the fastest ET start to finish wins correct?
      -Bobby-

Comment

it's the dates that are all jacked up, they have multiple events booked on the same day, and the final day they have listed as the 10th, we won't be there, plus they have the double booking listed for the 14th. Likewise, it looks like Holley has the track the 8th, when we are supposed to be doing test and tune?

I don't know how it's supposed to work either, unless we are to get the track after 2pm on Sunday, and then who the hell knows how they plan to handle the 14th if needed.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I believe cstmwgn is referencing two things. One Beech Bend's messed up schedule (on the 10th we will be in Indy. the "final day of racing is the 13th or 14th. depending on rain.) Two, the heavy overlap with LS Fest and potential overlap with some of the circle track stuff...

I think I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the TNT will be held later in the day/after LS Fest is over...

Comment

Mostly curious about Sunday - from the love fest everyone seems to have with any and all things LS related I would suspect a large turnout. I am not sure where 200 additonal haulers are going to park, 250 race cars (75 or so with their own little trailers) or where they are going to do tech without getting in the way of the guys that are trying to race on Sunday. Test and Tune AFTER the LS event is over makes me think that there won't be a lot of either going on depending on how late they will let everyone run that night. But hey, at least everyone will have a good tune for the final Friday

Comment

There will be plenty of room to park. Will be in the back 40. I would guess ls fest will be wrapped up by 3-4.
              86 Mustang
              454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

Where will they be putting our rigs at Beech Bend... is there some
                sort of impound area that is secure

Comment

Beech Bend is a HUGE facility, plenty of parking, as for secure... There is 1 road into the track and that 1 road goes by the track owners house (he lives on the property) and its all gated / fenced
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    Beech Bend is a HUGE facility, plenty of parking, as for secure... There is 1 road into the track and that 1 road goes by the track owners house (he lives on the property) and its all gated / fenced
                    I never raced there so I dont have any idea about the place.... thanks

Comment

One of my favorite "out of division" tracks to race at back when I was running S/ST... I'd have no problem leaving my truck/trailer there.
                      DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                      DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                      DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                      DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

I've been trying to figure this out too. The registration/tech on Sunday is going to be a cluster IMO. I was at the track Saturday night and was trying to figure out how they could do this and the only way I could see would be to have an area for the DW guys to park the tow rigs then have the area towards the river/campground adjacent to the tech shak sectioned off for DW cars only for the tech line. Then I suppose the TnT session will begin once LS Fest is completed. If that is the case, Sunday will be a very long day between getting through tech and TnT beginning after LS Fest.

And... Will we have to pay Sunday admission for LS Fest to get in???
                        Last edited by HBZ_81_C3; July 29, 2013, 05:55 AM.

Comment

All I want to know is "when will DW check-in/tech inspection end?" Everything else will work out.

Comment

LS fest is set up on the circle track and there is quite a bit of stuff going on back in that area.

Beach bend has been doing this for years I am sure they will have it all planned out. I know I will be in the tech line by 8 am on sunday if not on sat night.

Tim
                            86 Mustang
                            454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

If u havent been to Beech Bend, its kind of difficult to get in. Because of the one way in is narrow and u drive around cicrle track into pits.
                              Low car count for NMCA this week
                              End took forever to get in and parked.
                              Track is hooking well.
                              J Lutz pro mod low qualifier,
                              6.00, 6.06, 5.99@250, 5.97@249
                              60' 1.00
                              Three Drag Week cars

Comment

Working...
                              X